Obituary for George Z.Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obituary for George Z.Miller

It is with deep regret that we pass long the news of the passing of our dear friend George Miller. George was a current member of the Neshaminy Valley Chapter based in Ivyland Pennsylvania. George has been a long time AMCA member joining the club way back around 1972 or so. George was always a fixture at the local chapter and regional / national swap meets. Many of you reading this have seen George selling his black and white racing photos at Jefferson, Oley, Rhinebeck etc... George was the official Neshaminy Valley Motorcycle racing historian. You could show George an old picture of the starting line up at say, Langhorne speedway in 1951 and George could go down the line in detail and tell you about every rider, who they were sponsored by, what machines they rode and what dealer serviced them, he was literally a walking encyclopedia of motorcycle racing. In younger days George himself was a motorcycle racer competing in a variety of flat track and hare scramble races in and around the Trenton New Jersey area. George also took great pride in restorations of many motorcycles over his life time , including Indian Scouts, Harley VL's and 45"s among other bikes. Rest in peace old friend.

Funeral arrangements are as follows:

Monday Oct 10th 2016
    Viewing from 10 AM to 11 AM, Burial to follow immediately after.
    Hartmann Funeral Home
    2830 Nottingham Way
    Mercerville NJ 08619
    609-394-5460

I was fortunate enough to have known George for at least 25 years. He did possess vast knowledge of area motorcycling history and readily shared it. You could always count on George for a good story or two. If George told you he was going to make a long story short, you just knew that was not going to happen. He will be missed by all.
    Ride on forever my dear friend.

Comment

I'm a west coast boy but was lucky enough to meet George at Oley more than a few years back. My friend who was one of George's chapter members told me to watch out for my terminology when speaking with George. I told George I was working on my bobjob's transmission and he smiled and took me under his wing so to speak. He said it was refreshing to meet a youngster that didn't say tranny or bobber. He said "bobbers were for fishing". Rest in peace George. You've earned it. Another source of motorcycling knowledge has passed. Rich
      DrSprocket

Comment

Working...
      X