Classic sidecar purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic sidecar purchase

I have started this thread on my purchase of a Indian sidecar from http://www.classicsidecar.com/ (Artur Pechal). I first started researching a purchase for a sidecar about 3 months ago. I was only finding sidecars for my 48 Chief for a starting for no less than $10,000.00 in decent shape. I stumbled upon Artur's website from another member here on this forum so I started checking him out. On August 7th I first contacted him with an email. He returned my email on the 8th answering a few questions I had. There was some more emails after that and he started making my sidecar. I received an email on the 13th of September telling me he has been working on it since our last email. On the 18th he let me know that he was waiting on a vendor to finish casting the step on the fender. On October 1st he sent me pictures of the sidecar and what he had done so far. He let me know a couple of days later (the 4th) how we would work out the wire transfer and told me it would take a few days to pack it and get it ready for shipment to the U.S. I am waiting for the email and info on what airline and tracking info from him. He did say it would ship to an airport near me (Tampa or St Pete.) I will post more as I get more info, There is 5 pictures of the sidecar that I am attaching to this post.

IMG_0377[1].jpgIMG_0378[1].jpgIMG_0379[1].jpgIMG_0380[1].jpgIMG_0381[1].jpg

Hi Ron,
    i too would like to have a sidecar for my 1946 WL, let me know when you get it and do you like it.
    thanks Ken
    ken@alphamag.com

Comment

Will be happy to Ken!

Comment

I received info today I should be receiving the sidecar by Monday.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

The sidecar made it here on Monday afternoon at 5, but I will not be able to pick it up from the airport until this morning, early afternoon as told by the customs broker. 2 Packages totaling 177 kilos. I had to go to a Customs broker to have them get the shipment released. Those fee's were $255.00 for the broker and handling of the paperwork and some airport fee's, remember if someone has to move paperwork or look at it it will cost you something! I will post the process for picking it up later today with the pictures also.

Comment

I know what you're talking about Ron. I purchased a bike from overseas, and everyone has their hand out for money. The worst is when it gets to the U.S., and heaven forbid that it has to go through California.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

I picked up my sidecar today at the airport, The packaging was great. Artur made sure that everything was packed and secured for the ride. Sort of a pain to get apart but a nice job. The frame and tub are immaculately built and look so much like the originals! Artur does a very good job on the sidecar I would recommend him for any one who is looking to buy one. My total costs at the customs broker was $255.00 total not another penny at the airport. I am attaching the pictures from the unpacking.

FullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender (3).jpgFullSizeRender (4).jpgFullSizeRender(4).jpgIMG_8073.jpg

Comment

IMG_8076.jpgIMG_8078.jpgIMG_8081.jpgIMG_8082.jpgIMG_8083.jpg

Comment

This included the brake drum, brakes, wheel, spare tire mount, seat, brake linkage, all mounting hardware and seat lock. I am very impressed with what he did! classicsidecar.com

IMG_8085 (1).jpg

Comment

trim package

Originally posted by RonH View Post
                      This included the brake drum, brakes, wheel, spare tire mount, seat, brake linkage, all mounting hardware and seat lock. I am very impressed with what he did! classicsidecar.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18497[/ATTACH]
                      looks like you'll have to drill and mount the rest of the trim package?

Comment

Yes I will have to drill and mount the trim. It isn't a big deal as I still have to paint the tub and fender!

Comment

It took a while but she is hooked up and set up right! Tracks great down the street and no pulling at all. Here is a few picks of the finished product.
                          14470457_10210814859317109_5013817681989893557_n.jpg14702293_10210814859237107_8694557312813272821_n.jpg14717335_10210814866277283_8300307506908930658_n.jpg

Comment

Very nice, I really like the trimwork.
                            Your painter must have been on standby, from crate to street in record time.

Comment

I painted it myself, I am by no means a professional painter but I am not afraid to try!

Comment

Working...
                              X