1940 Indian Sport Scout 640 45 cubic inch 750 cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 Indian Sport Scout 640 45 cubic inch 750 cc

So to make a long story short, I am selling my 1940 Indian Sport Scout as I have the opportunity to buy back another Indian that I previously owned.
    The Indian Sport that I am selling I have owned for 3 years. I purchased it from an older gentleman in Travelers Rest, S.C. It was complete and running when I bought it but decided to do some cosmetic restoration. It is 45 cubic inch, 750 cc. I removed a lot of reflective tape, plastic chrome, reflectors, dear whistles and decals. The gas tank had a minor fuel leak so I removed the tanks and stripped paint off the bottoms. I had originally planned to seal the inside of the tanks but could not decide which sealer to use. In the mean time I purchased new Scout welded tanks from Iron Horse Coral along with fittings and oil tube. These new tanks have the correct chrome Scout teardrop badges and the tanks have the corresponding welded on brackets. The original tanks with leaks have later model Indian badges. While I had the tanks off I installed new fabric covered ignition wires because I like the vintage look. The bike does have electronic ignition. Well with the new welded tanks installed the original copper fuel line did not fit and will need to be bent slightly and maybe a fitting resoldered or maybe a new copper fuel line or flexible neoprene fuel line fabricated. Anyway two sets of tanks are included. At one point the entire frame was chrome plated, some is flaking and peeling now but still is very presentable. The front fork is probably from another year as it does not have tabs to mount properly mount the fender. There is no rust or damage to the sheet metal. The paint is not the best and shows some "orange peel" especially the front fender. It has aluminum alloy strips on the fenders. The chainguard is fiberglass. It has front and rear chrome crashbars. There is an Indian tool box on the left hand side. I added a set of Indian Script mirrors from Jerry Greer. Has horn with what I think is an original chrome Indian face cover. The rubber hand grips have hardened but I am including a new pair of black rubber grips. The set is tan leather with fringe and good padding. The alloy luggage rack was improperly installed (crooked) by the previous owner so I removed it so there a few extra holes in the rear fender. The throttle is on the left as a Indian should be and the right hand shift lever has a nice aluminum alloy knob with gold insert (brass). I added front and rear alloy fender tips. The rear cylinder has a section missing from the bottom two fins which I understand can be repaired. The speedometer has the feature used by police and racers where a needle will remain at the highest speed attained until reset. The reset button is missing and needs to be replaced. I have purchased new exhaust headers and a new muffler and painted them high temp (VHT) black. Muffler or header pipe needs to be bent slightly to fit correctly. I have extra hardware for exhaust and also have installed the bracket to hold the header pipe in place. I purchased and installed a new alloy dash panel as the one it had an enlarged hole for the speedo. Included with the bike is a new reproduction battery box that looks like a real Indian battery but is hollow to hold a new type battery. Tires are good 18 x 350 but I dont know the age of them. Wheels are painted silver. Much of the engine case has been painted silver and I have removed some of it. The motor and the frame have the same number. I have a clear South Carolina title. The bike is registered in SC as an antique. $17,500 email a40scout@hotmail.com I am located in Summerville SC 29486 right off I 26 30 miles from I 85 cell 843 276 0751 (dont always have it with me)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kunzog; 09-28-2016, 12:01 AM.

hi, nice bike. still available?

Comment

sorry, this has been sold! I could not see a way to mark it sold.

Comment

Can you tell what the bike sold for in a PM? Trying to buy one soon. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X