Front tire for 74 Fx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tire for 74 Fx?

Getting close to finishing up my 74FXE. Went to mount the stock fender and discovered that the tire that is on the machine is too wide to accept a stock fender.
    Would anyone know what size tire came stock on this machine? What brand? What is a good replacement?
    Cant really get a straight answer from local sources, seems like a 90/90-19 might bee a good choice......?
    Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Tire size has little to do with the actual width.diff manufacturers and diff tire #s can be way diff width.the old tires were 100/90 but narrow total width.[no pointed sidewalls]dunlop is narrower than some others.The D404 is for lighter weight bikes but fits well in Sporty/Fx forks,,,the D401 is a bit too wide at the pointed edge

Comment

The Dunlop D401 comes in a 90/90-19 and will fit in your fender with no problem.
      Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
      Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment

The original tire was 3.75x19, which I think translates to 90/90 nowadays.
        VPH-D

Comment

I agree the 90/90 D401 works fine..But,I think it is lower profile than originals were.Same problems on rear.The originals did not have the pointed sidewalls & many new 103/90 tires are much wider than the Dunlops & will rub & tear out the TS wires.The rear dunlop is 3/4" narrower than many

Comment

Working...
          X