Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy from Kansas!

Hello Everyone,
    I am from Augusta,Ks am 54 yrs young. 32 year Vet just getting my feet wet in the old Bike world. Just bought a 1918 HD F a few months ago and am in the middle of getting her back on the road. Not sure how many years its been since it was last on the road. Someone started a restoration on it and now I'm worlking to get her road worthy. I really enjoyed all the great stories on this site and can't wait to get mine running. Have been riding my whole life but theses old bikes are so great. Looking forward to getting to know many of you. Am getting ready to help a friend of mine with his bike hoping we can get his 1914 Excelsior across the USA on the 16 Cannonball. So I am soaking up as much info as I can from some great bikers. MikeCopy of IMG_20160804_154138852.jpg

Welcome Mike! You'll see that sometimes the response times in this forum are pretty slow, but don't let that discourage you....keep the photos, comments, and questions coming as there's lots of experience lurking out there in this forum!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Nice looking bike. Good Luck with it and welcome to the AMCA and the forum!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA#12766

Comment

Hello Mike, great to see your introduction. The 18J looks like it should be a fun project to get on the road.

Like others have said, there is a lot of help and encouragement on this board so if you have any questions then ask away.

Welcome.

John

Comment

Thanks Harry,
          I don't get discouraged to easy. Just enjoying reading all the stories and looking at all the pic's of everyone's bikes. I am cleaning my cases right now getting ready to paint the inside with Glyptal before my crank and rods come back from the machinist, getting everything balanced. Mike

Comment

Thanks John,
            It took me quit awhile to figure out how to post a intro, I'm not the most tech savvy guy so its more of a struggle then wrenching on cool old bikes. I'm really excited to get my first old bike up and running. Trying to go thru mine from front to back so I know what makes her tick. Mike

Comment

Thanks Tom,
              It has been a lot of fun working on my own old bike and seeing every one else bike's. So much great info here its great!! Mike

Comment

Working...
              X