Perry Ruiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry Ruiter

Nearly time for the Canonball Run and I expect Perry Ruiter will be taking part again. He has a good reputation with a lot of people which is why I trusted sending him a few thousand dollars worth of parts in exchange for one of his parts. The deal was originally suggested by Perry (I still have his email) and he sent me a photo of all the parts I sent him to confirm he received everything (I still have that email with the photo).
    That was all over one year ago. I have sent him countless emails to ask if he intends to honour the swap or return my parts to me but he has not responded to any of my emails. So, Perry Ruiter has seemingly made off with a few thousand dollars worth of my parts.
    People can say he is very busy and a honest man so he will eventually keep to his word. Well, it's over a year now, and why does he not answer any of my emails.
    If you happen to see him on the Canonball Run please ask him why he decided not to uphold our deal, and does he intend to do the right and honest thing and return my parts to me. I have said I will pay for the return postage.
    I would be interested to hear from anyone who may be able to help me with this shabby matter. You can contact me at robsharleyd@yahoo.com and I will be very glad to hear from you. I will be happy to share the two emails from Perry Ruiter that I mentioned so you can judge my honesty.
    So much for honesty in our circle, this has left me very disillusioned.

Originally posted by RobG View Post
    Nearly time for the Canonball Run and I expect Perry Ruiter will be taking part again. He has a good reputation with a lot of people which is why I trusted sending him a few thousand dollars worth of parts in exchange for one of his parts. The deal was originally suggested by Perry (I still have his email) and he sent me a photo of all the parts I sent him to confirm he received everything (I still have that email with the photo).
    That was all over one year ago. I have sent him countless emails to ask if he intends to honour the swap or return my parts to me but he has not responded to any of my emails. So, Perry Ruiter has seemingly made off with a few thousand dollars worth of my parts.
    People can say he is very busy and a honest man so he will eventually keep to his word. Well, it's over a year now, and why does he not answer any of my emails.
    If you happen to see him on the Canonball Run please ask him why he decided not to uphold our deal, and does he intend to do the right and honest thing and return my parts to me. I have said I will pay for the return postage.
    I would be interested to hear from anyone who may be able to help me with this shabby matter. You can contact me at robsharleyd@yahoo.com and I will be very glad to hear from you. I will be happy to share the two emails from Perry Ruiter that I mentioned so you can judge my honesty.
    So much for honesty in our circle, this has left me very disillusioned.
    Sorry not to make you feel better, Rob,

But I have had a better than of thou of his hardware on the bench for years, as he has of mine. It is the nature of this industry.

He is not an ebay hero, so he cannot qualify as a pirate who 'makes off' with parts. He doesn't need to, or inclined to be, as his over-achieving children pre-occupy him, I'm certain.

Maybe we can all get together at Davenport!

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a few words. Unfortunately I live in the UK so I'm not able to get to Davenport too easily, especially as I am due to have lung surgery next month.
      As you say, you have had more than a thousand dollars worth of his parts as he has of yours. I'm in a slightly different position, I have absolutely nothing of his and he has a few thousand dollars worth of my parts. It's all so simple to fix, just mail me the part we had agreed on for the swap. I think over a year is plenty of time to get that done, no matter what his domestic situation might be. Not even one reply to my emails does not inspire confidence.
      Again, thank you for your words.

Comment

All so simple to fix,.... Rob?

If there is any way I can get into the middle of this, I will.
        After all, I don't want this consigned (and viewable at D-port) DLX124 taking up space forever, (Its tab is payed, of course; Yet outright 'Sales' are just not what I do)

But because I have a hearing impairment, I think I tossed his phone number.

....Cotten
        PS: Over-achieving children would be pure hell.
        PPS: If this 124 sits here after D-port, I might have to go through it again to bring up to my constantly rising standards. Its price can only go up,.. but somebody please relieve Perry and myself of it, as its already better than just a shelf trophy.
        (Got a 124 so distorted that the choke disc had to be carved to an egg. To me, that's a trophy.)
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-13-2016, 04:29 PM.
        AMCA #776

Comment

I would be very grateful if you are interested in reminding Perry of what he said he would do, seeing as he does not answer my emails.. Send me your email address and I can then forward to you an email Perry sent me on the 14th April 2015 where he says he will send me the part early May 2015. He also attached a photo of all the parts I had sent him to confirm he had received them, and this photo will also be sent to you with the email.
          One year and three months have gone by from early May 2015 to date, and I have received nothing.
          By the way, there is a genuine Harley box in the photo and this contains a NOS 1947 Knucklehead Dash Base Plate including all the wiring attached to it. This part alone that I had sent to Perry had cost me over $1,500.00.
          Thanks, Rob.
          Thanks

Comment

I'm here to help any way I can, Rob!

But with only one ear,.. no phones but a lan-line, I am just at shut-off as thee beyond email.
            Davenport is always a climax, and if only we could all get together, a lot of confusions would be overcome.

The entire Planet crushes down into Davenport once a year, but not all of us are so lucky as to attend...

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-14-2016, 04:17 PM.
            AMCA #776

Comment

T Cotten - here is the email from Perry Ruiter.

OK then, here is the email from Perry dated 14th April 2015 where he says he can send the part early May 2015, and it includes the photo he attached of the parts I sent him. The genuine Harley box at the bottom of the photo contains the NOS 1947 Knucklehead Dash Base I sent him with all the other parts.
              Hopefully I'm doing this correctly and the email and photo will get attached to this reply.
              Rob.

Comment

Hopefully better photo of Perry Ruiter email

Couldn't read the email too good so here is a clearer photo of the email - I hope!!!

Comment

Mr. Ruiter, is no longer an AMCA member. His membership lapsed 1/1/12.
                  Fred
                  Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Thanks Fred. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.
                    My regards, Rob.

Comment

Build a fire under his ass Rob. It doesn't matter how well he may be liked by friends or business associates. After a year and the brush off you are getting, it's considered mail fraud.
                      http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/
                      Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
                      Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment

Hello Dan,
                        I appreciate your taking the time to add your thoughts and support. Perry Ruiter has certainly provided much help to many people and has a very good reputation, which makes it all the harder to understand why he has treated me so badly.
                        Two people have very kindly said they will speak with Perry about this matter, in fact he is already aware that I have made the situation public and a conversation is taking place in the AMCA forum. I would have much preferred to have dealt with the problem very quickly with Perry directly. But he did not answer my many emails so I had no alternative but to make the matter public.
                        I was hoping that this would prompt Perry into taking some action, but so far I have not heard from him. I guess he can just continue to ignore me and not send the part he owes me (or return the parts I had sent him) and there will be very little I can do unless I escalate the matter by going to the authorities.
                        But I'm still hoping Perry will do the honest thing and simply go to the post office with one parcel and mail it to me.
                        Thank you again Dan for your thoughts. My very best wishes, Rob.

Comment

Give it a break. Perry isn't a member so all we get is one side of a really boring story. Do what you need to do but do it elsewhere.
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi Rubone,
                            Certainly don't want to start any arguments with other AMCA members or bore them either. I thought the section of the AMCA forum specifically concerned with the rating of vendors was the correct place for an AMCA member to recount the problems they have had with a vendor.
                            I'm very grateful that a few AMCA members have offered to help if possible. It's very difficult being on the other side of the world, and being unable to travel because of my lung disease.
                            Yes, the conversation has been very one sided. However, two members have spoken with Perry and they would have given his reply had he wished to explain anything.
                            Finally, sorry but I have no way of making the discussion any more exciting for you.
                            Thanks for having given your opinion, I know you are a very active member of the AMCA and have helped many people with good and very informed advice.
                            My Regards, Rob.

Comment

Hey Rubone, Give the guy a break. He is not here to entertain you but it's his cry for help. It doesn't matter if Perry is an AMCA member or not. People in the antique motorcycle community, like you, should be aware of any dis-honest dealings with vendors. Don't you? How would you feel if you were in his situation? Why don't you be a better man by offering some helpful advise to end his problem?

Rob, At this point, I would consider this to be mail fraud. Try contacting Perry by telephone since he doesn't respond to emails. The next step would be to contact his local District Attorneys Office. Good luck and I hope your situation ends well.

Comment

Working...
                              X