Robert “Cheech” Sanczel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert “Cheech” Sanczel

Early this morning, Robert “Cheech” Sanczel passed due to complications from an aggressive brain tumor that was found this past winter. Born in PA, he had just turned 63. He is survived by his wife and good friend/companion Julie “Rock”, his mother, brother "Reno", and sisters.

Cheech, a long time AMCA member, was a good friend and brother to many people in the motorcycle community. If you had a flat, needed a tow, a ride, a part, he was there to help you.

Like many of us in the AMCA, he started riding in his teens for fun and inexpensive transportation. Very early on, he acquired a 46 OHV that he and Rock rode for many years. He was in the process of restoring it and rebuilding a hot-rodded 46 GMC Suburban when the tumor was discovered.

Unless the weather was bad, he rode first the 46 OHV and then later model H-Ds to work daily. His yearly vacations that he and Rock went on were always on an H-D. Daytona Bike Week was never “Trailer Week” to Cheech but truly Bike Week riding to, camping, and then from by bike. An event he and Rock never missed since the late 1960s.

This year, Cheech made it to Bike Week, the Eustis VMA, and Silver Sands AMCA but the chemo and radiation treatments were taking a heavy toll on his strength.

Cheech, if you can hear me brother, I know God has a brand new 46 OHV waiting in heaven for you. Just remember, the available colors are only Gray, Red, Blue, and optional Black. God bless you man.
    Bruce Palmer III
    AMCA #667

How to Restore Your Harley-Davidson

How to Restore Your Military Harley-Davidson

I always look forward to our Sunday workshop day with Cheech and the gang, he was always there to give advice and help work on the project of the day. We spent many hours together breathing new life into those old parts and shooting the breeze. When we talked about paint colors, he always wanted a red and silver Harley.

This past Sunday was tough, but I'm glad we all got over to see him. Cheech was a good friend, always willing to help a brother out, and will be greatly missed. I know you are finally getting to enjoy that red and silver Harley, even if it wasn't an available color for that 46.
    Ed Molenaar
    Gulf Coast Chapter Newsletter Editor

Comment

Working...
    X