1948 Indian Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Indian Chief

It's time to let my Chief go. I have a 48 Chief for sale, located in the Buffalo ,NY area. It was completely gone through @ 13 years ago by the previous owner when I bought it. Engine, tranny, hubs, neck bearings rebuilt. Numbers matching bike. Original sheet metal, uncut frame. Frame, forks and wheels powder coated. Stainless steel spokes. King clutch. No leaks in fuel/oil tanks. Original speedometer, shows 25,300 miles. Motolamp headlight bucket. There's about 1700 miles on the bike since it was rebuilt. Original generator converted to 12 volts by Grahams Indian Service. Starts and rides great. Paint is not excellent but I would say it's very good. Some light rust present on some of the cadmium plating. Somewhere I have the receipts and photographic history of the rebuild. I'm asking $22,500. I also have a few minor parts to go with it, and any and all literature I may have. Now, here's what the bike needs. Headlight ring, mine is cracked, available from Greers. Exhaust header needs rechroming. Dash has a small dent in it.

I may be reached at the following email address- kachar13@msn.com
    or 716-949-9089

Leave a message if calling because I usually don't carry my phone on me at all times.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Attached Files

Hi Gary, One question, Did you buy this bike from a guy with the last name of O'Brian? I ask because in 1978 my Dad bought a 48 Chief from a guy named Pete O`Brian from the Syracuse NY area and his brother had a 48 Chief for sale as well. It was painted exactly the same way as yours is. Just wondering if this may be the same bike. Thank you and good luck with your sale. Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark, I can't recall the name of the previous owner. He lived in Marcy, NY and worked at a Mack truck dealership in Utica. The story he had told me was that he had purchased 3 Chiefs at the same time needing restoration. Mine, a 46 and the last I forget. He redid the 48 & 46 and the other was parted out. This was back in 2002 or so.

Comment

Hi Mark, just went searching for all my paperwork on the bike. I bought it from a gentleman named Ed Heiland out of Remsen, NY

Comment

Hi Gary, I know Ed. Rode with him a few times years ago but lost have not seen him in several years. Thank you and good luck with your sale. Mark.

Comment

Price lowered to $21,000

Comment

price lowered to $19,500

Originally posted by lumpy649 View Post
              it's time to let my chief go. I have a 48 chief for sale, located in the buffalo ,ny area. It was completely gone through @ 13 years ago by the previous owner when i bought it. Engine, tranny, hubs, neck bearings rebuilt. Numbers matching bike. Original sheet metal, uncut frame. Frame, forks and wheels powder coated. Stainless steel spokes. King clutch. No leaks in fuel/oil tanks. Original speedometer, shows 25,300 miles. Motolamp headlight bucket. There's about 1700 miles on the bike since it was rebuilt. Original generator converted to 12 volts by grahams indian service. Starts and rides great. Paint is not excellent but i would say it's very good. Some light rust present on some of the cadmium plating. Somewhere i have the receipts and photographic history of the rebuild. I'm asking $22,500. I also have a few minor parts to go with it, and any and all literature i may have. Now, here's what the bike needs. Headlight ring, mine is cracked, available from greers. Exhaust header needs rechroming. Dash has a small dent in it.

I may be reached at the following email address- kachar13@msn.com
              or 716-949-9089

leave a message if calling because i usually don't carry my phone on me at all times.

Thanks,
              gary

Comment

The bike has sold, Thanks for all the interest.

Comment

Working...
                X