Bills Custom Cycles Bloomsburg PA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills Custom Cycles Bloomsburg PA.

This a warning to anyone thinking of dealing with Bill Custom Cycles Bloomsburg PA.
    In April I purchased a Harley VL NOS pinion gear (advertised on the internet) from this company when I opened the package what I found was a cleaned up worn out gear. I contacted the company who eventually replied saying he didn't sell second hand pinion gears so I took pictures and sent back but didn't get a reply that was the 27th of April so I guess thats it.
    This wasn't much to loose and I hope this stops others from being caught.

Well poop, Mick.

I was just about to call them for a 4speed third gear.

Can you post your pic so that we are certain it was obviously "worn out", and not just "frosty"?
    Not doubting you, just want the guilt proven beyond doubt, especially when the accused are not here to defend themselves.

And frankly, NOS can often mean "New Old Sh*t", since both of the major American marques were guilty of hiding their 'seconds' in cosmoline, if they didn't send them to the export market.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Some years back I purchased what was advertised as an NOS oil filter for a 49 Pan I restored. What came was a good used one, but definitely not NOS. The filter element even had old used oil in it. I paid up big for it because it was supposed to be NOS. I called them on it and asked for a partial refund because it was not NOS. They did offer a full refund if I swallowed the shipping both ways. I declined and decided it would be cheaper to keep it than return it and lose shipping and then try to find another. They then banned me from future bidding. Was dealing with an arrogant woman back then that was running their ebay dealings. She seemed to not know or not care what the difference between OEM used and NOS was. That was long ago. Sorry to hear that they are still operating the same way.

Comment

Ok I'll try to work out how to add pictures. But just for the record the key way was flared, teeth pitted, and some teeth well worn.

Comment

That sounds incriminating enough for me, Mick.

I just hate to order a common catalog replacement of an important gear for a valued customer, and then waste time installing it. It can be like tossing cash into the wind.

...Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I've been through Bill's shop a few times and bought nos VL parts from him, but not pinion gears. His daughters run the shop and eBay account for him, and may not know the difference between nos and OEM, new or used. I'm sure Bill will be happy to sort it out for you if you can ever get him on the phone. I've been 5 hours in his shop waiting to talk to him before, so be prepared for a long time on hold.

Comment

P1000203.jpgP1000204.jpgP1000205.jpg

Im over it not much to loose, I only started this to warn others about them.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MickJ; 06-17-2016, 06:23 AM.

Comment

I've had good and bad dealings with Bill. I have found that they will make things right if you communicate in a civil manner.

Comment

I tried to communicate but was ignored, Im in Australia so thats it at least others know how they work.

Comment

I rang and then sent an email enquiry to Bill's with regard to the same pinion gear as well as other VL parts. I received no reply. Sounds like I was lucky.

I did go back onto Bills website and to my surprise found the same pinion gear still listed for sale. Here's the description and the photo from the website. "VL "NEW OLD STOCK" 1930-36 PINION GEAR. THIS IS ORIGINAL HARLEY. IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED. THERE IS NO RUST OR PITS. IT IS VERY HARD TO FIND SO DON'T MISS IT. PART #604-30". Doesn't look like the pinion in MickJ's post.

Bills Custom Cycles Pinion Gear.JPG

The other strange thing is that if you download the photo of the pinion and look at the properties it says. "1981_image". Does that mean that this pinion has been for sale since 1981 and never gets sent out.

It's not good business Bill to stitch someone up for $30.00 and lose your goodwill and other sales. I was interested in $240.00 worth of VL NOS parts for starters but not now.

Comment

It doesn't matter if you have $240 or $240,000 to spend with this guy....If he takes a burn to you, you get nothin' outta him....I bought literally thousands of dollars worth of parts over the better part of a decade from him....Then, I asked for a particular part and he sent the wrong one-twice....When I called him on it, I could here him in the background screaming that "he didn't have any parts" for me....just another member of the "millionaire motorcycle parts 'good 'ol boys' club"....

Comment

Working...
                      X