1952 Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Chief

After several lapses in activity over the years, my '52 Chief restoration is moving forward again. I have done all of the work myself, other than TIG welding, flywheel assembly and finish paint. I finished up blasting and priming the sheet metal over the winter and just got the finish painted pieces back. 90% done 50% more to go.
    Attached Files

Looks fantastic swall; I love yellow and I'm thinking of painting my '51FL yellow as well. Everyone loves pictures, and updates, so keep them coming.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by swall View Post
      90% done 50% more to go.
      'Ain't it the truth! Your 90% looks great!
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Looking good! The fun part begins....
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

I mounted the front shield and head lamp shell to the bike. I made some faux rivets to attach the shell to the mounting piece on the inside. I started with 8-32 stainless thumb screws and turned a truss head form on the head, then polished them to simulate chrome. I hand tightened 8-32 nuts on the inside along with a little Loctite.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good, I'm hand painting a logo on my mates Scout soon which he has just had the tanks painted yellow.
            His is in Scotland.

Comment

I mounted the front shield and head lamp shell to the bike. I made some faux rivets to attach the shell to the mounting piece on the inside. I started with 8-32 stainless thumb screws and turned a truss head form on the head, then polished them to simulate chrome. I hand tightened 8-32 nuts on the inside along with a little Loctite.
              should have said something, I have the fix for that without any work
              Kevin Valentine 13
              EX-Chief Judge

Comment

I got the fenders on yesterday. Had quite a bit of delay finding fender trim that was half way decent.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is the latest. Put the tank emblems on. Got the wiring mostly done. got the throttle and spark control cables done but not yet connected to the carb and distributor. Working with fitment of the dash panel and fitment of the oil lines. Got good fitment of the exhaust pipes but took them off to work on the oil lines. Put the fork oil in last week and had a little mishap--the left side damper rod got away and fell down into the fork tube, but I managed to fish it out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good, you should be riding this spring.

Comment

That's one sharp Chief, very nice work!
                      AMCA # 3233

Comment

Did the official start-up Sunday. It ran well, got good oiling from the return tube and there were no strange noises. Shut it off after about 2 minutes and then noticed that the generator belt had come off. Looks like I forgot to install the nut the holds the generator pulley on.

Comment

Did the official start-up Sunday. It ran well, got good oiling from the return tube and there were no strange noises. Shut it off after about 2 minutes and then noticed that the generator belt had come off. Looks like I forgot to install the nut the holds the generator pulley on.
                          That's small potato's. Now go out and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Great job on a beautiful Chief

Comment

Working...
                            X