1967 FLH factory trim options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 FLH factory trim options

I am in the process of restoring a 1967 FLH. I was wondering if anyone out there had a source for the available factory trim options in 67-chrome groups, etc. Perhaps a dealer order form would list what was standard and what was optional at that time. I could call the factory but I thought one of the club members would have it.

All that info is listed in the book "The Legend Begins" available from authorized H-D dealers.

This is the factory brochure, but only highlights new features, not options.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Was 67 the first year for the "Neat-Pleat" seat?

Comment

I think it may be, both my org 65 and 66 have the smooth seats

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
          I think it may be, both my org 65 and 66 have the smooth seats
          Thats what I'm thinking, my op 66 has the smooth seat but it has a small tear in it and I was thinking about replacing it and I didnt want to put the wrong seat on it. I'm in the market for a 65 also.

Comment

Thanks Robbie. I found the book online and plan on ordering it. It looks like it would be a good restoration reference.

Comment

Watch the magazine for the judging results for Oley. There was a OP 67 there with 3100 original miles that was basically a 100pt bike. The comment to him was, "Well, you know we can't give 100pts". It was as good as it gets. Maybe try to contact him or the judges for his contact info and get some pics if you could. Only deduction was for a inline gas filter and "Corrosion on lower hardware not matching rest of bike". I believe it scored 99.75 first time out. Hmmmm. Got to find something.
              Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 05-30-2016, 08:54 AM.
              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

H-D claimed a seat change for '66 as well....

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

come on D.A. you already mentioned 2 things that were not original, give the judges a break they did their job
                  Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                  Watch the magazine for the judging results for Oley. There was a OP 67 there with 3100 original miles that was basically a 100pt bike. The comment to him was, "Well, you know we can't give 100pts". It was as good as it gets. Maybe try to contact him or the judges for his contact info and get some pics if you could. Only deduction was for a inline gas filter and "Corrosion on lower hardware not matching rest of bike". I believe it scored 99.75 first time out. Hmmmm. Got to find something.
                  Kevin Valentine 13
                  EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Originally posted by slick813 View Post
                    Thats what I'm thinking, my op 66 has the smooth seat but it has a small tear in it and I was thinking about replacing it and I didnt want to put the wrong seat on it. I'm in the market for a 65 also.
                    I have a Great 65 Seat and a 69 both Mint if you need one....

Comment

Working...
                    X