What a week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a week!

I had the worst and best week last week. Lost my brother-in-law in a semi accident then sold 4 motorcycles, found an extremely rare motorcycle photo, got a check out of the clear from the insurance company and found an original 1965 Honda CB160. Orange color yet! Plus I had friends visit I hadn't seen for a while. And met some other nice people.

The Honda was parked 1/4 mile from me in an old school house that I've been driving by for 10 years. Who new! I picked it up and it came with all factory manuals,
    tools, extra parts, title, keys and lots of patina. And whitewalls.

It will be my new winter project.

later
    Attached Files

Sorry to hear about the Brother in Law! NICE FIND on the HONDA!! I love my CB160. I got mine when I was 14 back in... '72 and I STILL have it. I restored it a few years ago and I ride it around town. It isn't a highway bike, and I ride it in the range of 35-45 mph, but I just enjoy the memories of dirt riding with it back in the early 70s in the "woods and trails". You'll have fun with yours too I hope!
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Thanks Jim.

I washed it yesterday and it really cleaned up. Even had air cleaners that can be saved. I think I'm just going to clean it and ride it. They are only original once.
      It has about 22,000 miles and kicked over nicely so I'm hoping the motor is OK. Good tank insides too.

later

Comment

I found a brand new air filter at a Vintage Japanese MC meet, but I am still using an original one too. It still "looked" good. My 160 has about 10,000 on it now.
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
        X