Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 s

1977 FLH 1200 OEM Exhaust Support Tubes

I recently purchased a 1977 FLH1200 and cannot get the stock mufflers to mount evenly with each other. Right side looks great but left side will not align correctly...it mounts too high and in a slant. I removed both muffler support brackets and they look identical. The parts books shows a right (65318-58A) and a left (65318-59C). Do any of you have a pic or mind taking a pic showing or describing the difference of the two support tubes side by side. I don't know if I have two rights or two lefts! Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.
    Last edited by hdtrader; 04-08-2016, 02:30 AM.

If the right looks correct.....

Comment

They are not identical if you truly have a left and right. They are close but just slightly different and the left side has to account for the transmission and primary. We had several members in our chapter go through this and finally figured out the situation and how to get them even. I can't recall all the iterations but know that in the end there are left and right and top and bottom and some bolts for the hangers need to be mounted from the inside as opposed to the outside the make this all work.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766

Comment

Purchased a left side support tube via eBay and now both mufflers is in perfect alignment...I had two right sides! Thanks for the info duffeycycles and Tom Hardy...

IMG_0052.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X