More info needed on Oley meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More info needed on Oley meet.

I'm planning on going to Oley this year. I have been there in the past for the Triumph National rally but never the AMCA meet. I assume judging is Saturday? Is there camping or do most do hotels with the cold weather and is food available? The Perkiomen Facebook page has no info posted.

Thx

Jeff

Jeff,
    Judging is on Saturday unless they changed this year. Camping is available on site, get there early and I don't mean Friday. The firehouse always has something cooking, food isn't bad and prices are reasonable. Up the road in Reading there are motels but I would not wait much longer, they may be booked by now. You can also check the Pottstown area for motels. Reading MC also has food and entertainment available and they open their doors to AMCA members for the weekend. It is always a great meet.

Comment

Only went 3 years so by no means an expert but the area outlined in red is a "general" area for camping. If this is incorrect someone let me know and I will change it. The terrain in this area tapers off to a slope on the backside down to the trees and generally that's where I've seen tents but there may be vendors mixed in here and there. The rest of the area is mainly vendors. There really no specific area reserved for camping so getting there early as mentioned you have a better pic of unclaimed spots and that's a good thing. The event is not bogged down with a bunch of bureaucratic rules. I always felt the food is very good and reasonable compared to other similar type outdoor events where they gouge attendees.
      Attached Files
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tobydog61 View Post
        The Perkiomen Facebook page has no info posted.
        I have the same questions. There are two of us planning on driving down, never been before, but aside from Skirted's map we don't even have an idea of where the meet is located. Facebook page is no help, can't find a Perkiomen Chapter website, and the AMCA site has no info.

Can anybody involved direct me to some information? thanks.
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

The meet is located in the town of Oley behind the firehouse on the fire company fair grounds. Oley is a small town located on route 73 between route 12 and Boyertown about 3 miles from route 12. If you find the town you can not miss the meet. I am a member and you can pm me for more information.
          Jim D
          Jim D

Comment

Best east coast meet hands down

Comment

Harry, when ya finally find the place. Go to the office and get a free map of the lay of the land. Find lot 135 on free map and come visit me (Around corner from fire house). I'll feed you beer. Bob L
              AMCA #3149
              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                Find lot 135 on free map and come visit me
                Bob....Done! Don't be looking for two Vermonters with Bernie buttons and wearing red plaid... biggest clue might be one of us sporting an Indian logo somewhere!

My buddy is putting together a 101 so he'll have a shopping list.. means we'll be wandering around gaping at tables, tarps, and milk crates... assume Friday's the best day for that?
                Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Also attending Oley - does anyone have an address for the GPS ??
                  thanks
                  Dan

Comment

just google Oley Fire Company Fairgrounds 26 Jefferson St, Oley, PA 19547 you'll find it...

Comment

I'm looking forward to another great Perkiomen Chapter Meet. And we have a decent weather forecast this year. I should have Stand 28 again behind the little garage if anyone wants to chat, and will be judging for the sixtieth time on Saturday.

Comment

Do they have a road run and a judging seminar scheduled? Can anyone point to a list of activities if there is one? Planning on attending but not sure i'm doing both days or not. Definitely be there for the judging on Saturday, bringing the 65 FLH

Thanks
                        Ray
                        AMCA #7140

Comment

Dear All at Perkiomen Chapter. I'm just back from another great Oley Meet. Good weather this year, with plenty of parts, bikes and good fellowship. Thanks to all the volunteers who worked so hard to make it run so smoothly. Hope to be back next time.

Comment

I agree, wonderful event, great weather. Thanks to all the volunteers who made it so special. The Reading MC Club was awesome to visit with the ARM races and the show on Saturday was the biggest group I've ever seen for judging, well done.

Comment

Working...
                            X