72 FX Shovelhead Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 FX Shovelhead Frame

Looking at a 1972 FX Shovelhead frame. The numbers look good or correct anyway for the FX but there are two things that don't look correct on the back half. It has the rectangle blocks on each side for passenger peg (Which I thought the rear passenger pegs were off of the lower shock bolt) mounts and it doesn't have the tab for the rear juice brake line. Does anyone know if this is correct or incorrect?

Thanks

A 72 FX had the pass. pegs mounted on the shock studs. The frame should have a loop type mount on the left rear upright for the rubber brake hose. What does the title that goes with this frame say?
    VPH-D

Comment

The guy that owned the frame died over 10 years ago... no title. The VIN is *2CxxxxxH2* had the numbers ran and they are clean. I suspect that the neck was changed or the back half was changed for some reason. Frame looks good, however, you have confirmed the two inconsistencies that I noticed.

Comment

One more question if anyone knows.On the 72 Harley swingarm frame does the Vin # on the frame read from the bottom up or from the top down? Thanks

Comment

Top down. Between the stars.
          Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
          Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment

Working...
          X