35mm Showa forks help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mm Showa forks help

Still new to the forums here, but I tried searching for my answers and I'm not finding what I need. I bought a 1977 FXS last year that the previous owner had converted to a wideglide with all aftermarket pieces. I recently bought oem triple trees and got the right axle. My issue is, I've looked in the factory parts manual and the service manual, but cannot seem to find (maybe I'm mistaken) the proper wheel spacers that I need to replace the wide glide ones. Any help would be appreciated.

Steven
    Member # 26994

I don't think the narrow fork had axle spacers. Only spacers go through the bearing seals on the narrow hub.

Comment

There will only be one narrow spacer on the left side (OEM 43548-74) and about half of it will fit inside of the seal. The shoulder on the axle butts up against it. The speedometer drive unit will act as the spacer on the right side with roughly .250" sitting in the seal. Hope this helps.
      Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
      Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment

Thank you harleytoprock & motorhead1, I guess the reason i couldn't find any in the manual was because there were none. The OEM 43548-74 was probably the piece I'm looking for. Its just confusing taking apart this VTWIN narrow to wide glide adapter setup. There's everything you need to know about converting narrow to wide on the internet, but apparently not many people want to go back to narrow like myself. Thanks again.
        Member # 26994

Comment

Working...
        X