1919 HD Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1919 HD Sport

I am looking for flip top oilers & valve caps for my 1919 Harley Davidson. I am not sure what the valve caps look like. If any one can advise me, I'd appreciate the help.

l am still looking for the oilers. Can someone send a picture so I know what I am looking for. Thanks.

Comment

Here are some photos.
      Intake valve is on bottom, exhaust valve on top, I also have early parts books.
      jdcylinder.jpg

Comment

Burch, how about some part numbers? Oilers for what? Tappet shafts? Transmission? What? If you can't help your self, why should anyone here help ya. Bob L
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Burch
          By valve caps, do you mean the cast iron screw in pieces with the fins that attach over the valves on the cylinders?
          Mark
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Burch
            when I started to read your thread I assume you are asking questions on Flat twin Sport twin 1919-1923
            I have made flip top oilers to suit my flat twin and they also suit vee twin from 1915
            I can supply the flip top oilers for the front forks, clutch pedal pivot and cam drive that look and operate same as originals for US$25 eachvarious 014 Harley oilers satin-1.jpg
            you can email direct at colin@clbengineering.com.au
            I have also replace 2 of the Valve caps in the head as well but do not have casting blanks.
            regards Colin

Comment

Burch,

I will probably have some more valve cap blanks made if you are looking for these. They are lost waxed cast, cost iron.
              You'll have to machine the threads to match your cylinders, but I'll supply you with a drawing as well.

bild-2.jpg
              follow my restoration on http://flattwinsport.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
              X