? on my 1966 FLH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on my 1966 FLH

I'm trying to put my 66 back to original factory condition as best as possible, so if any can help me with a few answers to my questions. Thanks for the help as always.

1. Did the 1966 FLH come with a motor skid plate out of the factory ?

2. Position of the front and back motor mount bolts. Do you load the bolt on top thus putting the nut on the bottom or is the motor mount bolt put up the hole from underneath thus placing the nut/lock washer on top.

3. I see V-twin sells motor mount bolts with castle/cotter pin nuts. was the original nuts castle nuts.

4. What was the proper tooth sprocket trans and rear wheel ?

5. My 66 is topped out at 65 MPH, was this the maximum speed of this bike when new.

Thanks as always guys for the insight

1. Did the 1966 FLH come with a motor skid plate out of the factory ? YES

2. Position of the front and back motor mount bolts. Do you load the bolt on top thus putting the nut on the bottom or is the motor mount bolt put up the hole from underneath thus placing the nut/lock washer on top. front from bottom up, rear from top down

3. I see V-twin sells motor mount bolts with castle/cotter pin nuts. was the original nuts castle nuts. No, on your model it used flexlock nuts.

4. What was the proper tooth sprocket trans and rear wheel ? Stock trans 22, only rear wheel ever 51, Motor could be one of several but stock FLH is 24

5. My 66 is topped out at 65 MPH, was this the maximum speed of this bike when new. Around 85+
    See the highlights above.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rubone,

Thank you for the information buddy. This is one of the main reason why I enjoy being a member of this AMCA club. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X