Before and after thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and after thread?

Hello all! I'm a newcomer here, got the bug to work on some machines older than the 70's now. But as it stands, most of what I own and work on is vintage Japanese bikes usually 70's and early/mid 80's stuff. I have been on several forums and was hoping that this forum had a before and after thread. I couldn't locate it via the search engine so I was wondering if it exists, and if not, we should get one going here. There's too many beautiful bikes of all makes and models from some talented members here with restorations and modified bikes. If there is a thread, do you mind pointing me in the direction of it? Thanks! I've been working on a 73 CB500 recently and just can't wait to finish her. Thought I would share mine as she is now and how she came to me.

Thanks,

Bruno

2.jpg
    54.jpg
    75.jpg
    AMCA Member #27624

1914 Harley Thread (trying to get her running again)
    http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...ars-of-sitting

was hoping that this forum had a before and after thread
    You mean like this - http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...how-I-fount-it
    Has to be 70's or older per forum rules ...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorbikebruno View Post
      If there is a thread, do you mind pointing me in the direction it?
      Bruno, how about the Member Bike Builds thread? It's a fairly recent thread added to this Forum, but before and after postings (as well as in progress) would go well there I think.
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Forum rules are 35 years-the 2016 models are out so '81 and older not just 70's

Comment

Originally posted by 1950Panhead View Post
          You mean like this - http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...how-I-fount-it
          Has to be 70's or older per forum rules ...
          Yes, I saw that build and it was fantastic! But I am talking about ALL of the members before/after pics.

Pisten-bully, that's about the same as the Kawasaki build above. I was kind of looking for just a simple "Here's my pile of parts when I got it, here's how she ended up" with a link maybe to the build thread that you pointed out. Another forum I'm a member of has one where you just post your before and after pics. It's really neat to go through and see all of the bikes and what each person has done to it. Then you can go to the link showing you in-depth pages of info/pictures/trials/failures if you'd like to see that too. It looks like the Member Bike Builds thread is as close as that right now, so thanks for the input. Do you think it would be OK to start one in that thread? I'm new here and don't want to ruffle too many feathers.
          AMCA Member #27624

Comment

Personally, I LIKE the idea of having a BEFORE & AFTER Post page... rather than a "Build" thread. To me, a build thread would show your progress over the time you take to "build" the bike. Although technically, both posts would be about the same idea. But for those of us that have already finished a project, it would seem a nice place to show off the BEFORE & AFTER pics rather than a "build".
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

If the AMCA kept an online Roster of machines, Folks,

Every owner who wishes could document his machines before, after, and all along the way, and it wouldn't be lost in a haystack of other threads.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

IMG_9768.jpgphoto.jpg Burno this is a before and after Kangaroos and Indian do not mix very well together , Rob

Comment

Here is a picture of my BEFORE & AFTER pics of my 1965 Honda CB160. It seems everyone has either owned or rode one of these "Back in the Day". This is "restored" to ride. I don't really restore 100% because I know that over time "things" happen and so... some places where there should be chrome, I've used silver paint. Nobody has ever said anything about missing chrome either! HAHA!! It sure is a FUN bike to scoot around town with. I stay off highways with it... in todays HIGH SPEED world, it isn't worth it so I keep to the back roads and do about 40-45 mph with it. Yes, I have driven the truck and it isn't just a day later. I just put the bike back into the same "photo area" as it was in my "before" picture to make it look better.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jim; 10-18-2015, 08:41 AM.
                  Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Excellent stuff gents! Jim I agree, sometimes I like to just see the before and after and many times it's about inspiration. You see what someone has fixed, changed, painted all in one easy before/after photo set. Bummer about the Kangaroo Hairynob! But she's looking fantastic now too! And that Honda Jim! What a beaut! ))))) I typically do little mods here and there. The CB500 I posted above doesn't take a standard AGM for that size (as nobody makes one...) So I modified the battery box to make it fit. Works like a charm. Maybe it's time for one of those threads. Personally, I think the standard format would be :

1: before
                    2: after
                    3: link to build thread if you have one.

Should I (or anyone else if you want) start a thread in the Member Bike Builds Thread? Like I said, I'm new and don't want to ruffle too many feathers. You guys have been great so far. I'm helping a friend with a 1914 Harley that's been sitting for 40+ years and it's been great to have this forum as a resource as I'm typically a Japanese bike guy
                    AMCA Member #27624

Comment

Here is my before., when I found it in 1994..........and then my after......today.............(tongue-in-cheek)KINDLE_CAMERA_1407250377000.jpgKINDLE_CAMERA_1407251528000.jpg

Comment

Well, that would make a short build thread! Great looking bike, though! Dale

Comment

Working...
                        X