Ever change the fender hindge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever change the fender hindge ?

I have a 73 FLH that I'm restoring and the rear fender hinge is slightly tweaked. I'm going to drill out the rivets and see if I can straighten it because it is the original hinge. My questions is has anyone changed one of the these ? I will at least have to replace the rivets and could use some help with the proper procedure. I see that V-twin has the hinge and rivets if I have to replace it. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks...

Don't use the V-Twin hinge. It isn't made right.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I believe that Tom Feeser at Replicant Metals may have the correct hinge.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

I'm going to drill the bottom rivets out and see if i can straighten the hinge first. Anyone have experience with the rivets ?

Comment

Drilled out the rivets and the hinge is bent, in my opinion more than I want to repair. I sent an email to replicant metal to see if they have the hinge and rivets.
          thx.

Comment

I can't find the correct hinge or rivets. Replicant metals doesn't do newer bikes and I'm told v-twin's is not the correct hinge. This is holding me up on painting my tins. Can anyone out there help me out ????
            thx.

Comment

Why not repair, straighten the hinge and just put it back on with the correct rivets. As long as you have the same shank size on the rivet any rivet with a over sized head could be machined to the proper head size.
              Jim D
              Jim D

Comment

Working...
              X