Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honda hobitt

i know i may be opening myself up to abuse but
    i was cleaning out my garage to get to my Bonneville and rediscovered my 78 Honda hobbit, i got it for a song some time ago any one know locally where to get parts etc? it seems pretty simple 49 cc top speed 25 i never got it over 15
    thx all
    Diogenes

Try looking for parts on Ebay. There are currently 258 items listed. Also try Craig's List for a parts bike. Join the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club for links.

Good luck! There's a group near me of retired gentlemen who only ride Honda Express mopeds and they routinely take rides of 200 miles or more.

Dick

Comment

My wife has two Hobbits. The PA50 has a severely restricted engine and was never good for more than about 18 mph even when new. There is a PA50II which is a bit faster, supposed to hit 25 in stock form if I recall correctly.

Unless you parked it because of a known problem my first step for a two stroke is to clean the carb and use fresh gas (with appropriate oil mixed in) then see if it starts. The gas/oil mix evaporates over time and leaves a nasty mess. Of course, you'll want to give the bicycle parts a quick look over before going for a test ride.

Moped Army is a good source for info: http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Honda_PA50

Treatland.tv is the best place for most moped parts.

Comment

Working...
      X