1927 Indian and other cool stuff coming up at auction in Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 Indian and other cool stuff coming up at auction in Maine

I'm not associated with this, nor profiting from it. Except that if one of you please buys this Indian... I won't be tempted!

This came across my transom this evening. It looks like it has some neat stuff in it, even beyond the Chief.

Again, I'm just passing this on. I don't have any affiliation.

Cheers and please someone buy that Chief so I am not tempted to.

Sirhr

FALL AUCTION
    Featuring the Estate of the late Charlie MacArthur
    Preview 8-4, Thurs. Sept.24.
    Sale starts 10:00 both days
    Sept. 25 location- Dover Stove, 69 Main St., Sangerville, ME
    Sept. 26 location- Solar Barn, 38 North Dexter Rd., Parkman, ME
    Guest auctioneer DAN BROOKS

Charlie was a pilot, a pioneering hot air balloonist, and a dedicated environmentalist. He founded the Alternative Vehicle Regatta, at Mount Washington, New Hampshire and the Ten Gallon 500, which were contests demonstrating alternative vehicles and fuel economy. In 1977, he purchased the hydro-powered Brown’s Mill in Dover-Foxcroft, where he developed a business hatchery and began a career as an alternative energy promoter. As owner and proprietor of the Dover Stove Company in Sangerville, he innovated with wood-burning technology. He invented the “TWERP,” a trash-to-energy incinerator which he installed internationally. He curated an alternative vehicle museum and authored The Adjustment, a cautionary tale about a post-petroleum world. He worked tirelessly to educate those interested on environmental issues, particularly, in his later years, climate change.
    Auction items include: Great 1927 Indian motorcycle w/ sidecar, many woodstoves (Glenwood K), 3 balloon baskets (1 w/ burner + balloon), hit or miss engines, hot air engines (Sterling hot air water pump), 3 John Deere tractors: A, B, + 60, Many experimental electric cars and motorcycles along w/ many high mileage experimental cars: ELECTRA KING, FREEWAY, CORBIN, CITROEN, MEHARI, many RELIANT, 1970 electric car built by Tolland High School., hot air engine model, great hot air fan, early Edison battery, steam engine, complete tin smith shop, welding tables, bender w/ many dyes, anvils, forges, big Niagra sheer, tons of scrap metal along w/ much metal stock, lockers, cabinets, farm equipment, big band saw, engine lifts, 2 fork lifts, 2 car lifts, welders, trailers, platform scales, lawn tractors, Harmon pellet stove, pallet jacks, lumber, clamps, hand tools, many lanterns, Indian blanket, dishes, furniture and MUCH MORE.
    Buyers premium: 13% (3% discount with cash or check) . Master card + Visa accepted. 5.5% Maine sales tax unless valid sales exempt certificate.

looks like a 1930 model with modified headlight and mid 1910s horn to me......nice bike anyway.......

Comment

Sirhr is there a contact number ? to ring them , Rob

Comment

I could not find an e-mail address, but I am sure some Google would turn it up. This appeared on the Vermont Auto Enthusiasts e-mail blast. So they may have more. Sorry, all I have.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
        X