Early Indian sidecar brake info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Indian sidecar brake info needed

Piecing together a sidecar for my 31 Chief project. I need help with the wheel and brake assembly.

31 was the first year for a sidecar brake and the second and last year using a 19" rim, so this is a 1 year only wheel assembly. I suspect the same narrow Timken bearing hub was used in 32 and up to 36(?) or when ever the wheels changed again. I believe it was the same hub assembly as the 31 front wheel, with the exception that the small end of the hub was threaded for a hub cap. Does anyone have any sidecar parts lists from the early 30's that would give a part # for the hub? Any idea how long the narrow hub was used on the sidecar, I know the front hub changed to the wider version in '32 but the sidecar fender and axle did't appear to get longer / wider so I assume the narrow hub was continued. Also, any pictures of the early 30's brake setup, especially the cross over shaft, backing plate and anchor system? Any advice, pictures, part #'s, or copies of the parts book pages for the sidecar would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Gene Harper
Working...
X