1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor

I've been at this Interceptor for about two years. I had seen the bike at my friends shop years ago in pieces, it was being restored. Then my friend John Mulrean passed away. The owner Art Bishop contacted me and asked if I could help him pick it up. So we went over to Johns, and went through the shop gathering what we could. A helper had previously piled all the Enfield stuff in one place. Unfortunately there was more than one bike and another bike owner had been there and just took what they thought was theirs. We gathered up what was left, and took it to Arts storage.
    About a year later, Art calls me and asks if I was interested in the bike and we struck a deal.
    After sorting through the boxes I found that there was a lot of parts missing. It was supposed to be the single carb variant, but had dual carb heads.
    So its not a concours bike, and after about 24 months and scrounging here and there for parts,cans a big appreciation for Hitchcock's motorcycles in the UK, this is where I'm at.
    Still have to finish some electrical, the "rebuilt" magneto doesn't spark (it did on the bench) and it needs fluids. Kevin Sisterson.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kjsisterson View Post
    I found that there was a lot of parts missing.
    You've done a great job on a bike for which parts must be pretty hard to find in the U.S. As you no doubt know, they weren't imported in anything like the numbers of Triumphs and BSAs. I "almost" bought a used one in the late 1960s, but couldn't make up my mind. The bike appeared in the newspaper again a couple of weeks later offered by a different seller so it probably had some pretty serious defect.
    Originally posted by kjsisterson View Post
    the "rebuilt" magneto doesn't spark
    You might find the following post, if not the entire thread, useful when trying to find someone to rebuild it properly (or to do it yourself):

http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbth...907#Post464907

Comment

Working...
    X