history of my bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• history of my bike

Dave here in Minnesota looking for any history on my Norton.being a off books bike it may be of notice. It is a 1954 Norton Big 4. The last year of the Big 4. What is unusual is that it has a swinging arm suspension. It was ordered new from Austria and at one time had a sidecar attached to the left side.
    If you type in 1954 Norton Big 4 on your computer you will see a photo that was taken at a earlier date.
    It says "Doc Harms 1954 Norton Big 4 with orginal pear shaped muffler".
    The bike came from the Tampa Bay Florida area as far as I have heard.
    Please contact me if you can help me with the bike history or if you know or can have "Doc Harms" contact me.
    Thanks to all
    Dave Rademacher
    dcrad@comcast.net

I have found more information on my Norton mentioned above. It was Despatched to a dealer in Vienna by the name of "Eichler". It was sold on 5/5/1954 with a sidecar attached to Mr. Karl Dobrovolink who lived at Andergasse 21/4 1190 Vienna. If anyone can help me locate the original owner or a family member would be a great help. I would enjoy having a photo of Mr. Dobrovolink with his bike, and to send photos of his bike as it is now to him or his family.
    I am hoping to make contact with someone from the club in Austria that may be willing to help me with this.
    Thank you
    Dave Rademacher

Comment

Working...
    X