1946 original paint numbers matching unmolested Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 original paint numbers matching unmolested Chief

I have an unmolested 1946 Chief that runs great. When I got it, it had the original mag on it which i still have. I put a 47 oil pump on and a dist. to make it easier to start as the mag was weak. I have meticulously stored every thing if someone wanted to restore it back to the mag. It also came with a complete 1948 engine and a bunch of other parts even a couple of oil cans full of Indian oil. I got it from the nephew of the original owner. My wife passed away of cancer dec. 1 and i need to do something to break the monotony and I have decided I want to learn to fly . i would like to trade this bike for or towards a plane . i want something like a citabria , cub or a biplane and if it has been sitting and out if service is OK. Not a beat to death trainer or a project please.
    I have not priced the bike because I would sooner trade it but if your on this site assume we all know what it is worth. I have the original buddy seat and bags for the bike also but I took them off to preserve them. I can be reached at 928 241 1490 Thanks Joe
    Attached Files

HI Joe,

could you please post a few more pictures?

Thanks,
    gsottl

Comment

Pictures

DSCF1543.jpgDSCF1540.jpgKIMG0214.jpgKIMG0213.jpgGsotti

Here are a few and I will try and get some better picts this afternoon.

Joe
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by joehardin View Post
        i would like to trade this bike for or towards a plane . i want something like a citabria , cub or a biplane and if it has been sitting and out if service is OK. Not a beat to death trainer or a project please.
        So Joe, I like the trade idea, and I ilke your Indian, but don't airplanes cost well over $100k?
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Pisten bully
          It is quite a miss conception as to what older light sport aircraft are worth. You can Buy a Cessna 150 with decent low hours and go flying for under 20K. thats not much of a plane though.
          The plane I will probably wind up buying is a citabria which is a 150 horse 2 place that will do mild acrobatics or an old piper cub. A new Citabria is over 250 but one from the late sixties with low times on air frame and engine can be bought from 35 to 50k. There is a lot of them out there for sale so I am sure cash is strong in that market. I was just hoping somebody might have a plane sitting that they may not be going to fly anymore that wanted a Bike.
          Thanks for your interest
          Joe

Comment

Working...
          X