Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late to Say "Hello" from Northern Ohio

Been a member for about a year I think.

Age 64. Riding again after 40+ years busy with family. The story AMCA must be tired of: gray, bearded, a little fat, has some money, and nostalgic for his past.

Not a good mechanic at all but that doesn't stop me from trying and learning. Having fun at it.

Like trying to make good motorcycle videos.

I ride almost daily when its 35 F or above outside.
    Plenty of rural roads where I live and small towns so I don't have to deal with traffic. Deer is the biggest road hazard.

Last bike at age 20-22: BMW R69S. Sold to me cheap by my sister's boyfriend and learned to ride it in my backyard. Wow, did I NOT know what I had. I want it back.

On this R69S I worked for a picker (like the show), riding around the eastern PA farmlands, going up driveways, looking into garages and barns and yards and returning to the boss with reports of addresses of potential items of interest.

Current bikes:

(1) Main ride - 1947 Chief, fully restored last year by another, with all the fancy features - also with Kiwi electric starter (fell in love with that starter fast!).

(2) Occasional to-town-and-back courier - Indian 741B in civilian dress - older restoration, 600 cc. What I learned hand shifting on.

(3) In progress now - another bike based on a 741 from parts I collected - I have just about everything for it. I intend to stretch it and raise it for my 6 ft. 3 in. body. I have two 19 in. wheels for it. Just an experiment. Not wasting a good frame as I have to piece together already messed-up 741 frame parts. Frame work by The Gas Box. Motor being stroked by James Solberg with 45 in. Sport Scout jugs to 57 in. so I can get up hills.

(4) Not started yet: dirty, old 1946 Chief complete. For this I have a motor already rebuilt (not by me) and stroked to 80 in. and with Bonneville cams plus 4-speed - this power plant never run. Looking forward to getting this together and riding it.

Did the 2014 Elkins WV Run as best as that weak 600cc Scout could on those steep grades.

Planning on taking the Chief to the 2015 Yankee Run in NH.
    RGL
    Ohio
    Indians

sweet, welcome to the group from the west coast of canada. I would love to see any photos you might be willing to share.
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

Comment

As you will learn... demographics mean doodley-squat around here.

Enthusiasm means everything! Welcome aboard.

And, yes, please share pictures!

(I already like this guy.... He has a Chief! And parts of a 741. What could be better???)

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
      X