Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nimbus 1956 C model Available, like New, Perfect !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimbus 1956 C model Available, like New, Perfect !!

I am offering my 1956 Nimbus model C for purchase. It was recently imported from it's home country of Denmark and has gone through a complete renovation and is ready to ride or show. The engine was completely rebuilt and is broken in and awaiting the open road ! Being that there are just over 200 of them in this country it is a very rare motorcycle and finding one in such beautiful condition that is available is unheard of ! This bike was at the Fremont NE. in February and received an almost perfect score and the 2 deductions have both been remedied and so should get 100 points the next time it is judged. This is the 10th Nimbus I have owned and it is by far the nicest one yet. While I agree that having a nice looking bike is great and all, but to me being able to really ride a bike is the most important thing. And I have to say that after a life time of riding every kind of motorcycle I possibly could the Nimbus is the easiest and FUNNEST antique motorcycle ever made ! With most of it's weight slung down low it feels much lighter than it is and it is surprisingly nimble and responsive. Having a built in accelerator pump it is very easy to start on the first or second kick. This combined with all the other cutting edge features put the Nimbus decades ahead of both Harley and Indian. It makes jumping on your antique bike for a quick unplanned ride or a cross-country vacation just about as possible as on a modern bike, except you will be enjoying the view at a little more relaxed of a pace. I have ridden my '38 all over the country and wouldn't hesitate a second to do the same on this fantastic '58.
    Having been produced from 1934 to 1959 this model was virtually unchanged for the entire production run with the exception of minor suspension upgrades. All changes were made to be able to bolt onto any previous model to upgrade them to any advancements. Used extensively by the post office, military and police departments these bikes were still in service with these agencies up to the mid 1970's. And a testament to their durability is the fact that over half of all of them made are still regestured and in use today in Denmark ! Numbers only dreamed of by any other motorcycle maker.
    Please call or email for pictures and any info you may desire,
    Travis nimbusnut@gmail.com 719-641-6484
    The Nimbus Nut
Working...
X