L17T Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L17T Questions

I have a friend that is looking at a 1917 Harley twin motor, I use to have a list of the letter designations on the motor numbers but can't find it.
    Could someone help me and explain them to me,

At this point they are trying to come up with a fair price for both parties involved, I mentioned to my friend what I thought it might be worth in it's condition BUT I am no expert with these so with what I am about to describe could someone give me an idea as to what it may be worth.

There are no visible cracks in the motor cases or any repairs, the motor mounts are all intact and good shape the motor cylinders, heads, valve spring covers and intake manifold are all pitted pretty bad from sitting around in his garagr for the last 30 years and the motor is seized up solid.

The carb is pretty crusty inside from what we could see of it, but as a plus it also has the bosch magneto.

The cam cover has been removed and some of the screws are missing and some others have broke in the the side gear case housing, the sight glass is broken in the cover it's also missing the idler gear inside of the cam chest.

Thanks
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

http://www.techsweb.us/hdvin1019.html
    Given your description and comparing to prices I've paid on eBay over the last five years; $2000 to $6000
    Last edited by 23JDCA 808; 04-07-2015, 07:11 AM.
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Thanks Bill,

In the condition it is in my thought's were towards the lower end of your price range, not really knowing what will be usable when it is disassembled
      I watched a 1920 motor go for $4650. on Sunday, it was missing the carb,manifold and mag. but the seller said it turned over freely which to me is a big plus.

Thanks,
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Working...
      X