1948 Indian Chief Bonneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Indian Chief Bonneville

1948 Indian Chief Bonneville restored in great running condition. For complete details and more pictures email: mclonewolfrider@yahoo.com.
    Attached Files

Very nice bike.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Thank you D.A., the motor was rebuilt by the late Vern Goodwin from Lincoln, Nebraska whom recently and sadly passed away. I always tell people it is a Good-one!

Comment

why is the original mag disconnected and a Morris mag in the oil pump?????

Originally posted by Lonewolf_51 View Post
        1948 Indian Chief Bonneville restored in great running condition. For complete details and more pictures email: mclonewolfrider@yahoo.com.
        Kevin Valentine 13
        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Kevin, that's a Joe Hunt magneto in the oil pump; I decided it was more dependable. I did the same with the generator; I'm using a
          6-Volt Cycle-Electric.

Comment

was just wondering, because when I did my 1941 Chief w/ bonni-mag I had the mag gone thru and have not had a problem in 25 years(knock wood). I just changed my gen to 2 brush w/ a Gene Harper reg, no trouble with it

Kevin, that's a Joe Hunt magneto in the oil pump; I decided it was more dependable. I did the same with the generator; I'm using a
            6-Volt Cycle-Electric.
            Kevin Valentine 13
            EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Kevin, I have not been as fortunate. The nut that fastens the magneto gear came loose when I was riding in the Black Hills fifteen miles out of Sturgis, SD, and left me stranded. I learned two things from this experience, always bring a spare bike when going on a trip somewhere(if your hauling bikes), and always ride with a buddy who can go back to the hotel to get the trailer.
              Forty-five years ago, my father was riding his 1947 Bonneville out in the sticks when the same thing happened to him. He had a long hike into town too. I guess this unfortunate incident happens in the family.

Comment

that is exactly why I picked up a good working spare years ago. one word "LOCK-TITE" an old bikes best friend

Kevin, I have not been as fortunate. The nut that fastens the magneto gear came loose when I was riding in the Black Hills fifteen miles out of Sturgis, SD, and left me stranded. I learned two things from this experience, always bring a spare bike when going on a trip somewhere(if your hauling bikes), and always ride with a buddy who can go back to the hotel to get the trailer.
                Forty-five years ago, my father was riding his 1947 Bonneville out in the sticks when the same thing happened to him. He had a long hike into town too. I guess this unfortunate incident happens in the family.
                Kevin Valentine 13
                EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Is your chief still for sale? What are you asking for it?

Thx

Comment

Jeff, I sent you a private message that you can view by clicking on your handle Tobydog61 and then click on private message. Thank you for your inquiry.

Comment

is the bike still for sale and, if so, what are you asking?
                      thx
                      Pat

Comment

Pat, I sent you a PM. To read, click on your name patrick, then click on private message, then click on Inbox at the top left of the screen. Thank you for your inquiry.

Comment

how much are you asking and where are you located
                          thx
                          pat
                          914-588-1807

Comment

Patrick, I sent you a PM. Thank you for your inquiry.

Comment

Working...
                            X