Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help. My cylinder won't fit my case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help. My cylinder won't fit my case.

The cases are A18T 182## We know there were only 61'' motor's in 1918. My front cylinder is 3.314 inside the bore. 5 fins on the exhaust port. The problem is the bolt pattern is about 1/4 hole off all the way around the bass and the spiggit is about .050 to big to drop down . Life time with shovels first time with J type.

You have a large bolt pattern 61" cylinder used 1924-1929.
    email me at mark@linkcycles.com with pictures of your cylinders. I may be able to help you out with the proper cylinders.
    Thanks
    Mark Masa
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
      You have a large bolt pattern 61" cylinder used 1924-1929.
      email me at mark@linkcycles.com with pictures of your cylinders. I may be able to help you out with the proper cylinders.
      Thanks
      Mark Masa
      Thanks for the information. I took the cylinders and chucked them up by the inside bore with a three jaw chuck and put a steady rest on the cylinder plug. Then turned the spigget down to 3.550 I also had to slot the holes out just a little. The cylinder had to have the a repair around the intake housing cap ,Spark plug hole and some fins welded back on. All with nickel rod. I don't think I hurt any thing since it could not be used in a restoration anyway. If you have any cams left I'll need one later on.

Comment

John
        If you need a cam you may want to get it now. I doubt that they will last for much more than a week or so.
        Mark
        Mark Masa
        www.linkcycles.com

Comment

you probably could have traded the cylinder on the forum
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I have a lot to learn. I joined a great club with great members. I'm going to start asking more questions before I leap from now on.

Comment

I WOULD have traded you for the correct cylinders, but quite frankly, the value of your cylinders has been GREATLY diminished by the modifications.
              Mark
              Mark Masa
              www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
              X