Vern Goodwin Lincon Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vern Goodwin Lincon Nebraska

I got a phone call Tuesday night from a friend to tell me that Vern Goodwin of Lincon Nebraska had passed away last week

I knew Vern mostly From the United Sidecar Association and for his love of Indian motorcycles especially with sidecars

This is very sad news in the Antique motorcycle and Sidecar world. I was on the phone with Mary Sontag from Motorvation sidecars Tuesday night and she told me that Vern Goodwin, who some here probably know, Passed away recently. Vern was an ICON in the sidecar world here in the states for many years. He was one who experimented a lot with the power leaner concept which was later adapted by others for a while. He also produced his own sidecar called THE GOOD ONE. Many of these are still out on the road, Vern eventually drifted away from sidecars somewhat and got really invoked with Indian restorations and vintage motorcycles. He once told me that his family were actually Indian motorcycle dealers back in the day I also enjoyed listening to his story's about the earlier day's of motorcycles. Last time I saw Vern was at the USCA rally when it was held in St. Joseph Missouri, he brought his Black Indian 4 sidecar rig. Vern was quite a Guy who will be missed by so many people. I think that he is in a better place today but he will be missed here. RIP Vern my friend!

OBITUARY :..Vernon W. Goodwin Jr., 84, of Lincoln, died February 12, 2015 in Lincoln. He was born January 10, 1931 in Lincoln, Neb. to Vernon W., Sr. and Luella (Condra) Goodwin. Vernon was a member of the American Motorcycle Association, White Plate Flat Trackers Association, United States Sidecar Association, and to say the least was a Motorcycle expert and historian. He retired as a train man at Burlington Northern after 32 years. Vernon enjoyed working in his shop, family, and friends.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
    I got a phone call Tuesday night from a friend to tell me that Vern Goodwin of Lincon Nebraska had passed away last week

I knew Vern mostly From the United Sidecar Association and for his love of Indian motorcycles especially with sidecars

This is very sad news in the Antique motorcycle and Sidecar world. I was on the phone with Mary Sontag from Motorvation sidecars Tuesday night and she told me that Vern Goodwin, who some here probably know, Passed away recently. Vern was an ICON in the sidecar world here in the states for many years. He was one who experimented a lot with the power leaner concept which was later adapted by others for a while. He also produced his own sidecar called THE GOOD ONE. Many of these are still out on the road, Vern eventually drifted away from sidecars somewhat and got really invoked with Indian restorations and vintage motorcycles. He once told me that his family were actually Indian motorcycle dealers back in the day I also enjoyed listening to his story's about the earlier day's of motorcycles. Last time I saw Vern was at the USCA rally when it was held in St. Joseph Missouri, he brought his Black Indian 4 sidecar rig. Vern was quite a Guy who will be missed by so many people. I think that he is in a better place today but he will be missed here. RIP Vern my friend!

OBITUARY :..Vernon W. Goodwin Jr., 84, of Lincoln, died February 12, 2015 in Lincoln. He was born January 10, 1931 in Lincoln, Neb. to Vernon W., Sr. and Luella (Condra) Goodwin. Vernon was a member of the American Motorcycle Association, White Plate Flat Trackers Association, United States Sidecar Association, and to say the least was a Motorcycle expert and historian. He retired as a train man at Burlington Northern after 32 years. Vernon enjoyed working in his shop, family, and friends.
    R.I.P Vern, and thanks for all you've done for us. Listen in on us at Fremont, we're gonna give you a loud holler!

Comment

Vern's Indian sidecar Rig 1998

A couple of photos that I took in 1998 at the United Sidecar Rally in St. Joseph Missouri of Vern's Indian, also there are 2 sidecar rigs that Vern had built for his Grand kids
      Attached Files
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I see that Vern's Indian sidecar rig is up for sale on e-bay
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Working...
        X