Scout jr 30.50 cylinder /head question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout jr 30.50 cylinder /head question

Hi guys, I have some misc scout jr parts and would like to turn them into something but not very knowledgeable on what's compatible.... Does anyone know about the aluminum vs cast iron heads (I think they changed around 39) and are later heads compatible with earlier cylinders? (I don't think they are). And when did the 30.50 become the jr or vise versa. I know they're all kind of grouped together because of displacement but just trying to figure out what's compatible... Even cases/cylinder combos. Not trying to build anything original to the year, just a parts motor out of what I have and seeing what I'll need. Any info is much appreciated! Thanks, mike

I have a 1924 Scout Jr. 30.50. My ser#00X000 I left out the numbers which don't matter. The X is 1924. R is 1920, S 1921, T 1922, V 1923, X 1924, Y 1925, AG 1926. This info is in the Parts List Indian Scout Reprint 1920 - 1926
    Another member posted that he saw or bought this book on Amazon. I have the book and it was cheap, about $9.00 and has diagrams, schematics, and an extensive parts list. The letter S before a part number means the part is common to all SCOUT models unless otherwise specified. Another example in this book the letter V after a part number means the part is used on 1926 models. Example part # S373V - Scout, Cylinder rear, 1926. This info may be totally useless, I hope it helps in some way. I know this 95 page book is worth the nine bucks. Anthony

Comment

Thanks anthony. I have since picked up jerry hatfields restoration guide which contains lots of great info, but only goes back to 32. Ill have to pick up a copy. Thanks, mike

Comment

24, 25 heads have a smaller diameter head stud hole, 26 and up have a larger stud hole. IF you are using pop up pistons, (Indian Parts Europe has description on these) the heads have to be relieved.
        KJS

Comment

Working...
        X