Hey new from central Jersey here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey new from central Jersey here

Hi, names Zack I'm 25 from the Monmouth county area. I'm currently building my first bike ever. It's a '53FL that I'm building to an early 60's style bob jockey shifted. I've been around bikes mostly all of my life, riding dirt bikes and what not from a young age, but my love for old bikes is due to my father and his '49FL 60's era bob, along with his '77 shovelhead and all of his friends and there cool stuff. His '49 grenaded and split the left side case in 3 pieces 20 years ago, we're finally in the process of rebuilding it. So far with my build that I started back in October when a family friend gave me my matching 53FL17** cases. I'm still in the mock-up stage, building it in my room down in my parents basement and collecting as many original Harley parts when I can otherwise I make do with what I got, given, or I make it. Most of my stuff so far is original harley from good friends and luck besides the frame, rear fender, and other little obvious things. I hope to learn more, find parts, and meet good people from here and events. Thanks for reading my rant.
    I1414287641.jpg
    Dads '49FL in its current state.

IMG_1430.jpg
    My '53FL so far still got a good bit to go.

Hey Zack,
    Welcome to the club... I'll be seeing you around. Look's like your making progress.
    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      Hey Zack,
      Welcome to the club... I'll be seeing you around. Look's like your making progress.
      Jeff
      Thanks Jeff, hopefully I'll be making more progress after tomorrow's meet. I'll be going there to buy with a friend and dad might come along. I'm sure you'll be hearing from him if he's going to be coming with us. See you tomorrow man. - Zack

Comment

Zach,
        I'm currently restoring my 193 FLE as well (one of my several restoration projects) and I'm current with most of the issues and particularities of that series machine, as are many of our fellow members. I've been in this game for over 40 professionally and later as an ad-vocation and still, I routinely learn things through this forum that I've either forgotten or never knew. You're in the right place. This club is a cumulative wealth of knowledge and you're with people who love this 'art-form' and life-style and who love to help others. It's what real 'Bikers' used to be like back in my day. Feel free to reach out with questions here on this forum, through personal messages, or to me directly at my email address wmp@soundindustries.us

Also, get involved in the local and national AMCA meets as a member and/or as a participant. Tremendously rewarding and mucho fun!
        Bill Pedalino
        Huntington, New York
        AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
        X