Opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions...

I've been looking for an original paint early Shovel and came across a '71 that is about an hour away from me. I'd prefer a '66 to '69, but this '71 is nice looking and seems like it might be a nice addition? Appears to have had only one owner before being trading to the dealer. Curious as to what might not be original besides the mentioned seat and exhaust? The air cleaner, kicker, and plug wires jump out to me, but I'm no expert. Curious also what a fair price would be. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381108237832...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just saw this...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Comment

That is a nice one on ebay, all I see missing, other than what was mentioned, is the luggage rack, thanks, Larry

Comment

Any idea of a fair price?

Comment

here is my very nice org paint low mileage, 6785, 1970 one owner, At one time I thought I might sell it, I listed it and it only went to 8300.00. However I know it is worth more than that. I would say the one on ebay should be in the 7 to 7.5 range, but who knows, all it takes is 2 people that want it, thanks, Larry

Comment

No expert here, but I will say it is worth what you want to pay for it. I have a 79 flh that I have WAY TOO MUCH money in, but I like it, I own it, and I ride it. And it's not a desirable bike! Look at it that way, let your conscience be your guide.
            Good luck

Comment

Looks like a pretty nice unmolested example. You are close enough so try to go take a look in person, bikes always look better on the Internet, plus you can hear it run and maybe take it for a spin before you commit. Don't know what the reserve is but I think getting that one for 8k or less is a pretty darn good deal these days. I bet reserve is higher than that. Good luck, John F '67 FLH

Comment

Originally posted by jmatch View Post
                Looks like a pretty nice unmolested example. You are close enough so try to go take a look in person, bikes always look better on the Internet, plus you can hear it run and maybe take it for a spin before you commit. Don't know what the reserve is but I think getting that one for 8k or less is a pretty darn good deal these days. I bet reserve is higher than that. Good luck, John F '67 FLH
                The reserve was $8500 and I was told the owner wouldn't stop the auction for less than $9500. I choose to not go view it as I wanted to watch the auction, I thought the bike was worth $8000 max. Had it not made reserve I would have gone there, but someone got it for $8500. Thanks to all for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X