1966 FLH carb change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 FLH carb change

Can anyone tell me at approx. what engine number did Harley change carburettors on their 1966 Electra Glide from Linkert DC7 (?) to Tillotson. Is engine number 104** a late or early 1966 engine production number please?
    I am trying to restore to original and am confused at which carb I should be fitting.
    Thanks for any help.

I may be wrong, but I would think that a 5-digit VIN would most likely indicate a later production date.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

Don't forget a 66 has the even/odd number sequence, so a 10,000 serial number doesn't mean the same thing it did in say, 1956. I thought all 66s had the DC, with the Tillotson installed on the 67 models.
      VPH-D

Comment

zig 1 my all org 66 flh has the dc, vin is 26__

Comment

Getting more into this and thus getting more confused! I believe total production of FL and FLH in 1966 was 7,800 units. Can somebody tell me what was the first production number for 1966........ Bearing in mind of the odd/even numbering system, did the 1966 numbers begin 4 digit progressing to 5?
          36 Knuck man....is your '66 4 or 5 digit number and any idea of the date of manufacture/sale please?

Comment

Originally posted by zig1 View Post
            Getting more into this and thus getting more confused! I believe total production of FL and FLH in 1966 was 7,800 units. Can somebody tell me what was the first production number for 1966........ Bearing in mind of the odd/even numbering system, did the 1966 numbers begin 4 digit progressing to 5?
            36 Knuck man....is your '66 4 or 5 digit number and any idea of the date of manufacture/sale please?
            Someone may have better but from some stuff of mine...

66 FL 2000 to 66 FL 18098

66 FLH 2036 to 66 FLH 18099

Comment

Zig1!

You will want a DC7 eventually, no matter how high your VIN.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
              X