Indian Sidecar Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Sidecar Parts?

I took the time to scan all of the threads before posting this. Is anyone reproducing the Indian sidecar for the 1950s models? I am looking to purchase a pre-made bottom panel to replace the rust pile I currently own. Are the Indian sidecar frames numbered with the manufacturing year similar to HD? Thanks in advance.....Don

Originally posted by motorpickle View Post
    I took the time to scan all of the threads before posting this. Is anyone reproducing the Indian sidecar for the 1950s models? I am looking to purchase a pre-made bottom panel to replace the rust pile I currently own. Are the Indian sidecar frames numbered with the manufacturing year similar to HD? Thanks in advance.....Don
    Hi Don.
    I've done these, last one quite a number of years ago, for a guy Rocky knew. Don't know if he used it.
    Anyway, I could probably help out, if I can get one of the young pups to help.

Comment

my 44 chief sidecar frame is numbered as per the bike engine and frame number .Rob

Comment

Originally posted by hairynob24 View Post
        my 44 chief sidecar frame is numbered as per the bike engine and frame number .Rob
        Where's the # stamped? ... just a little curious for me, but oooh's and aaaah's for you!

Comment

Fillibuster. I would like to talk to you about my Indian tub project. Could you please call me @ 262-886-2072 daily(CST). I will look for numbers on my frame. I am interested to see if they are a motor match. thanks for the response.....later.....Dz

Comment

the numbers are on the top of the tube that run parrell to the bike where the axel tube intersects near the casting ,hope i explain that ok, Rob.

Comment

Just an update. Still trying to get a tub fixed. Does anyone have a register going on 1940 and up Indian sidecars? I found the numbers on my frame. They are S C 48 196.
              My guess is: S (sidecar) C (chief) 48 (1948) 196 (number of manufacture or serial number). If anyone knows different, please correct my guess. See ya on the road.....Dz

Comment

Does any one have pictures of what the sidecar #'s look like?

Comment

Working...
                X