Harold "Hal" Kolding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold "Hal" Kolding

Hal Kolding from Connecticut long time AMCA Member passed away way too young at 57 years old.
    His obit is in the Hartford Courant today 11-19-14. I had heard he was ill for a while.
    Maybe someone with some computer skills can add a link to his obit so everyone can see it.
    If you see the photo attached to that obit you will probably remember him. THANKS
    Last edited by 46EL; 11-19-2014, 10:37 AM.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...QOmSMW1g42h46Q

Comment

Thank you for posting the Link. I appreciate it. Jp

Comment

Really sad, I wondered why I haven't seen him around the last few years. RIP

Comment

Hal was a great guy. First met him while on my way to work on my 65 Pan one morning in Phoenix, Az early 1980. I spotted a red 47 Knuck in the parking lot of a donut shop, so I slammed on the brakes and turned around to have a look. Not many older machines on the road in AZ. Hal was enthusiastic about the old bikes as was I, we became good friends. Hal was living positive to the end. He was very weak and was fortunate to have a young friend willing to help him put his 48 project on the road. Hal thought the world of this fella, if anyone knows him, please shake his hand and thank him for me.
          Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Hal

R.I.P. Hal--you will be missed!! Another "good guy" we have lost from the Yankee Chapter!!

Comment

A few years ago at Rhinebeck Hal drove through the back vendors gate on Friday night while it was unmanned at maybe around 8PM.
              The Rhinebeck Security Guards chased him to his spot like he robbed a bank.
              They did anything and everything to him but a strip search and a body cavity check.
              I always kidded with him after that what a bad ass biker troublemaker he was for breaking the rules and not following procedure.
              Overall he was a real character and a true gentlemen who never had a bad word to say about anything! Jp

Comment

I met Hal at Rhinebeck a few years ago I was at the mobil station getting beer I came outside and see this guy on his knees locking real close at my knuckle so he tells me this was my bike now I bought the bike 34 years ago it did not look anything like it does now it was a dark shade of green so after talking with him for a while I realized I did buy the bike from him so asked what gave it away he said he memorized the vin number after 34 years R.I.P. Hal

Comment

Hal was a great guy. I bought a BSA Lightning from him and he bought a Heald Super Bronc from me a few years later. He was a wheeler dealer. Loved to see him at Rhinebeck on his bicycle and straw hat.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X