Looking for a competent tech for a 1976 T140 Bonniville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a competent tech for a 1976 T140 Bonniville

Hi . Several years back I got a little burned out doing Harley's so I did a total resto. on a 76 T140 Bonniville . I'm a big man and as my friends put it when I rode it I looked like a gorilla humping a football (to put it as nicely as possible). My daughter was a youngster at the time and always wanted a bike so I told her when she was of age and wanted the responsibility of the upkeep of an older motorcycle she could have it .
    Now it's twelve years later and she lives in Rochester, Minnesota and I'm getting ready to ship her the bike . It looks brand new but I want some one to adjust the valves and do a tune up and sinc the carbs. And can basically be a go to person in the Rochester, Minnesota area. It starts and runs but I'm a Harley guy and that was the only European motorcycle I had ever worked on so I would like it checked out before having one of the most important persons in the world to me rides the damn thing..
    She is just learning how to do all the maintainance herself but I'm in Idaho so I know there will be times that she will have to take it to a shop . WHO OR WHERE CAN SHE TAKE IT IN THE ROCHESTER, MINN. OR IF NOT REAL CLOSE THE CLOSEST SERVICE TECH IN THAT AREA.
    I would appreciate any information or leads in that area.
    Thanks
    FNA

Common Minneapolis and St. Paul area would be ok also . There has to be a competent mechanic in that area for mid- seventies Bonniville . Its pretty much totally stock except for progressive suspension , Avon tires and a nicer than stock seat .
    I'll be waiting cause I'm not shipping her the bike until there is someone who can take care of any problems that comes up and understands the positive ground system lol ha ha ha.

Comment

Working...
    X