KIWI oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIWI oil filter

Anybody have an opinion/experience with the KIWI in-tank oil filter??
    Just saw an add for it and it sounds like it could be for old Scouts.
    I plan on calling them Monday.

I ran one for a while on my Sport Scout, I think a lot better than nothing. I took it off though, I like to be able to look down and see a stream of oil shooting out myself on the return. I just change my oil regular, good luck.

Comment

Yea, that's a good point about being able to see the return oil. Guess i'll pass and just change oil often.
      Thks much for the prompt reply,
      Tom

Comment

Tom,

I have a Kiwi filter in my oil tank. You can tell when the oil is circulating through the filter - obviously, you don't see it spurt out of the return tube, but there is a sort of movement on the surface of the oil next to the filter. Give it a try, they aren't all that expensive, and if you don't like, just toss it out.

Dave

Comment

like the kiwi folks try one out then cut one open to see whats been captured within we use them on our three chiefs with no negative results paul bergeron minot maine 7989

Comment

I've used them for 4 years now they work great. You can see the oil coming out of the filter. No worries about not seeing it. Cheap insurance, bad idea to not run some sort of oil filter on these old bikes if you can. Doesn't get any easier than this filter.

Comment

Ok, guess I'll have to give one a try
              Thanks for all the responses, just no substitute for experience!
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X