Bill Graham, Hurley SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Graham, Hurley SD

Bill Graham, 62, died in his sleep Sept 15-16, in his home in Hurley SD.
    Those of you who knew Bill will recall that his livelihood was in computer systems, and that his love was in Pans, Knuckles, Flatties, and JD's,
    but that he loved anything unique or collectible, be it in machinery or early home/kitchen items.
    Bill lost his driver's license due to blindness many years ago, but he soldiered on in his loves, probably recognized us more by voice and vague body language than by sight. Given a little more time, he'd have finished a couple of JD builds. ... and then he'd have probably come to the meets to scrounge up another pile of possibilities.
    Bill was a big guy, friendly, with a special collegiate quality. He wrote a carburetor study a couple of decades ago, and we hope to offer it to the club's virtual library.
    If any of you can add to his memory, please post. You have our sincere thanks, .... from the Great Plains Chapter, AMCA

Bill was a great guy. He had a wonderful collection of carriage lights. When he could see, he would notice a special light in a pile from 50 feet away. In the early 80's I ended up with a 29 JD that Bill had talked the owner of the Murdo, SD car museum out of. He offered parts from his stash and his expertise to make a rider out of it, and was disappointed when I traded it off. An opportunity missed. Before Bill's wife passed, he was able to grow a huge garden, he would load up the bucket of his tractor with produce and head for town to offer it all for free to anybody that needed it. He will be missed.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Funeral yesterday.
      Comforting to see that his local community were so much a part of his life, and vice-versa. ... all us bum friends on bikes didn't visit him enough, so it was comforting to see all the support. The Mennonite Colony (Bill had helped them with their systems) sent a girls' octet, and they sang a half-dozen songs.
      Bill R brought his 39 knuckle, and about 40 others rode as well. Special thanks to the Knucklehead Company.
      RIP, Bill

Comment

So sorry to hear about Bill. I met him at the first Sioux Falls swap meet many years ago. He was always such an interesting guy. Jerry

Comment

Bill was a very good friend and fellow 39 knucklehead rider, he will be missed by his numerous friends and will live on in our hearts. I was on the Cannonball when I heard the news and could not attend the funeral, but there is talk of a celebration of his life taking place in Davenport next year and spreading of some of his ashes around the South Dakota tree. I will be there as well as many others, please come and pay your respects to a fine man and his everlasting legacy.

Rest in Peace my friend,
          Carl
          http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Working...
          X