New guy from Northern Illinois here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Northern Illinois here

Hi guys. New to this forum, but I do post on a couple other ones. Just finally ponied up the $$ to join the AMCA, so here I am. I'm currently working on a 37WL. It's my first real venture into old, old stuff of my own. I've helped a friend put together a few , but this is my first. I also have a 77FLH, a 76 shovel/pan chopper and a LONG 73 Sporty chopper, all of which I built. I know, chopper = heresy to some, but I do love the original old stuff too. NO, I'm not chopping the 37! I'm trying to keep it as original as is feasible considering availability of parts and cost. Mostly cost. So far, I'm doing pretty darned well with it. At least I think so. But, most importantly, I AM HAVING A BALL DOING IT! I'm on a worldwide scavenger hunt and I'm thrilled every time I find even the smallest piece or part. I'm like a little kid, I get so excited some times.
    Thanks for having me aboard and thanks, in advance, for all the information I can get from you guys who have been doing this longer than me.

DD

Welcome DD,sorry I was mean as a polecat[whatever that is!]when you stopped to see me at Davenport.A guy showed up a couple weeks ago with a story about an all original[except paint]'37WLD in his shed.If he ever comes back I'm going to try to get pics for the '37 guys.

Comment

No problem...

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
      Welcome DD,sorry I was mean as a polecat[whatever that is!]when you stopped to see me at Davenport.A guy showed up a couple weeks ago with a story about an all original[except paint]'37WLD in his shed.If he ever comes back I'm going to try to get pics for the '37 guys.
      I could see you were busier than a one legged man in a but kicking contest when I stuck my fat head in your booth. No big deal. I do realize that there are 2 kinds of guys at the swaps; The ones trying to buy stuff and the ones trying to make a living selling stuff to guys like me. I've sold at the small shows around here and I understand how frustrating it can be! "Will this panhead part fit on my 2016 FLMNOP that I just ordered? It would be so cool to have something OLD SCHOOL!"
      I didn't even remember ,until I was on my way home, that you were the guy that I bought a 2-bolt trans from 2 years ago. It finally registered where I remembered you from. That trans turned out to be a total bone, but I did get some very good parts out of it and sold the rest and broke about even.

Next year I will show up with a cold beer in my hand. I bet you'll be super friendly then!

DD

Comment

Working...
      X