Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 Harley Davidson WL

46 009.jpg46 010.jpg46 012.jpg46 014.jpg
    After a few weeks of disassembly and note taking it was time to rebuild. One of the first steps was parkerizing.
    You see sbout 20 pieces to work on. I get my solution to a quick boil then down to 190 degrees. You can see the bubbles, when the bubbles slow way down I take the piece out, if I don't like it I put it back, if I like it I dunk it in hot water then spray it with light oil then later wipe the excess off. This is the way I learned someone else may have a different way but this has been working for me. Thanks Mike

I like the dark finish. May I ask the type and brand name of the solution you are using? Thanks, Kyle
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Kyle, I can't find the name of the company. It isn'nt on the bottle and I can't find any paper work but I will keep looking. I found them off the internet a long time ago. There is a good post about parkerizing under knuckleheads right now. The dark finsish is just leaving it in until the bubbles slow way down or stop then wash quick and oilo. Thanks Mike

Comment

Working...
      X