1967 FLH Throttle cable routing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 FLH Throttle cable routing?

I am trying to figure out the correct routing of the throttle control coil to the carburetor. I am using the internal control cable and wire, and the carburetor is the stock "Tillotson". There is a tab on the left down tube, and also a tab on the horizontal bar of the frame that is between the tanks. I have various H-D clamps. Which ever way I route the cable, it seems to be too long, or the bends in the control coil are excessive. Anyone able to help me out, pictures maybe?

Do you have the cable bracket that mounts on the upper intake manifold stud?
    VPH-D

Comment

Yes, but how is the cable routed? R or L of the neck? is the bracket 27449-66 the only one I need?

Comment

I should have mentioned that the bracket I have has the threads stripped out.

Comment

There is a small clamp that mounts on the -66 bracket to hold the cable, IIRC, it is p/n 9957. Perhaps you can just drill the hole a little bigger and use a screw and a nut. I was looking at some photos of early Shovels yesterday, and it looks like the throttle cable routes along the left side of the neck, below the left tank, and below the top motor mount, and in towards the -66 bracket. I saw no clamps in the left side photos I scoped out.
          VPH-D

Comment

Comment

That explains the threaded hole in my Panhead top motor mount!

Comment

Working...
              X