Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 INDIAN CHIEF GAS TANKS RARE and other INDIAN PARTS FOR SALE $3500

Hi,
    I have a pair of 32' Indian Chief gas tanks for sale. My uncle had these. I have talked to some folks about it. They are telling me that this was a one year only thing. They are in great shape. Here are some pictures. I also have a lot of magnetos, other random Inidan parts, a luggage rack, a seat T, and scout heads for sale. Please feel free to email me at rustforsale@gmail.com for more info or back here and I can give you more info. I HAVE A BUNCH OF OTHER INDIAN AND HARLEY PARTS FOR SALE ON MY EBAY STORE, THANKS AMCA MEMBERS.
    -DAVE
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/alfred_e_newman

IMG_0112.jpgIMG_0113.jpgIMG_0114.jpgIMG_0115.jpgIMG_0116.jpgIMG_0112.jpg

MORE PICTURES ARE AVAILABLE
    Dave

Dave, I'm curious as to the point of your postings, I see you have everything already listed on Ebay, and you describe yourself as an "East coast, west coast picker". Are you offering this stuff to AMCA members or asking AMCA members to help you properly sell it for the highest dollar on Ebay? ...and not that that's objectionable, I just don't get the point of your postings here.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
      Dave, I'm curious as to the point of your postings, I see you have everything already listed on Ebay, and you describe yourself as an "East coast, west coast picker". Are you offering this stuff to AMCA members or asking AMCA members to help you properly sell it for the highest dollar on Ebay? ...and not that that's objectionable, I just don't get the point of your postings here.
      I think Dave wants an acknowledgment on the tanks, whether they are 1932 "only", but also, a further pitch on the other parts. .... and I wish this site would get "first dibs" ahead of ebay!
      So on the "32 tanks", what makes them 32 only? ... if it's okay to ask. And, does the library have anything educational on the subject?

Comment

That is what is special about the 1932 gastanks:

right side has the hand oilpump as a "last year" and first year of teardrop style gastanks in sheetmetal rather than cast aluminium in 1930 and 1931. The left side gastank has a tread on the bottom which is for the special bracket that holds the cables for the spark advance/trottle/adjustable oilpump as on 1931 models. 1933 did not have that, as it had a recirculating oilpump.

Although they should be rare they turn up on swapmeets quite often - 3 years ago at Oley I saw 3-4 right side tanks at least......but your pair looks very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
          Here's something about me. I find stuff.

Here's something about the current situation. My friend and uncle died. Costs for living after he passed have been hard. After he died there were some amca members that really took advantage of the situation and out right stole from the family. I actually love the amca. I've never had a problem with any one or the club. I used to be a member about 17 years ago when I bought my wl. And I also had some pictures published of some old bikes I found In an amca magazine in 2002. And now I'm in the entertainment business out in Hollywood making robots. Now was a perfect time to rejoin and support the antique community.

I'm out for the family right now. He was a good man. Selling isn't a crime. I've read the rules about the forum and I'm not doing anything wrong. We are looking to get top dollar. The point of posting here is to let people know its for sale.

Some things are really tough to identify. He labeled mostly everything. I'm looking some some help to to let me know what I have.

Thank you for your help. If you have anything to share let me know. Don't hoard your wisdom like parts. When you die your wisdom and knowledge will die with you. And what's left behind will be a basket case of rust.

45 dave
          "I find ****"
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X