36 1/2 - 37 Chief Gas Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 1/2 - 37 Chief Gas Tanks

For sale what I think are 1936 1/2 - 1937 Indian Chief gas tanks. Look great inside. Some bondo and a handlebar dent. Upper front mounting tabs have been removed and different mounts added(was run on panhead chopper). $800. Thanks, Benny.
    Attached Files
    John 'Benny' Harvell
    amca#22302

Benny/John?,

Same tanks listed on FB?

800 seems steep in my opinion for old soldered tanks with the tabs cutoff when you can get repro welded ones for less than that. Now if they were original paint with everything in place - different story.
    AMCA #10930

Comment

Originally posted by Knotthed View Post
      Benny/John?,

Same tanks listed on FB?

800 seems steep in my opinion for old soldered tanks with the tabs cutoff when you can get repro welded ones for less than that. Now if they were original paint with everything in place - different story.
      Hello D.J.
      My given name is John Benjamin. Sometimes I go by servi-spoke, sometimes John and sometimes Benny. But never Jackor Jack Benny ...lol.
      Yes these are also listed on the FB Indian Parts Group and on shovelheads.us
      I agree $800 sounds like a lot and I see repops at $795. Some people prefer the real thing.
      If they do not sell we will have to assume that I overpriced them.
      Thanks, Benny.
      John 'Benny' Harvell
      amca#22302

Comment

Servi-Spoke,

Nothing ment to offend, I also kind of wanted to make sure it was not someone scamming. There seems to be more and more of that as of lately. The different names seemed a little suspicious coupled with the high price to me and i thought I would check to see if they were the same or a scam.
        AMCA #10930

Comment

Originally posted by Knotthed View Post
          Benny/John?,

Same tanks listed on FB?

The left half's inside wall that extends between the frame tubes, what years is this common to? and are new tanks including this extra quart of gas for the judges, or for your riding pleasure?
          (or is it too late to get further educated anyway?)

Comment

Fillibuster,

I do not know how far back the left side extension goes, I think it stopped in 38 when they changed the tank for the new dash/speedo.

The 32's on ebay seem to have it also.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Indian-...-/221525086567

As far as judges(I don't think they can see it, but likely can identify welded tanks vs original) or riding pleasure - that's up to the individual.

I remember seeing video on the internet a while back of an Indian burning to the ground from a leaky soldiered tank, hence my preference for some welded ones that aren't going to leak. I am hoping to ride mine though, I guess if you're gonna trailer her then old soldiered would be ok.

Did this meet your education requirements?
            AMCA #10930

Comment

Tanks are still for sale. Can get better pix if you want. Price negotiable. I will ship but not outside USA.
              John 'Benny' Harvell
              amca#22302

Comment

Tanks are sold.
                John 'Benny' Harvell
                amca#22302

Comment

Working...
                X