Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify these parts for me????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify these parts for me????

I need some help...I have three parts that came from my Junior/Pony Scout stash and I'm trying to figure out what they are. One looks like maybe sport scout countershaft??? Just a guess...I'm NO mechanic. Second two parts are sprockets of some kind...one has a groove for a belt and is open in the back the other is solid and has no pulley groove. I'm baffled! thanks in advance for any help. I can get better pics if needed. DaveIMG_2099-001.JPGIMG_2100-001.JPGIMG_2098-001.JPG

Originally posted by Weener101 View Post
    I need some help...I have three parts that came from my Junior/Pony Scout stash and I'm trying to figure out what they are. One looks like maybe sport scout countershaft??? Just a guess...I'm NO mechanic. Second two parts are sprockets of some kind...one has a groove for a belt and is open in the back the other is solid and has no pulley groove. I'm baffled! thanks in advance for any help. I can get better pics if needed. Dave[ATTACH=CONFIG]13629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13627[/ATTACH]
    I think the 34 sport scout had a belt drive generator, 35 and later were chain, so the inner v-belt groove might be indicative of 1934. However, imo, I believe Indian used whatever would do the trick in those transition years, and first-year models. They do appear to be engine sprockets, so a lower front generator mounting seems to be in the mix. The other engine sprocket would seem to be for a rearward mounted generator, driven by another means.

Comment

Working...
    X