1933 Indian Motoplane for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 Indian Motoplane for Sale

Check out my ebay add if you're interested in owning a rare Indian. Matching numbers, ready for your paint. In 33 you could paint it any combination of 12 colors I believe...so the sky's the limit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indian-INDIA...US_motorcycles Make me an offer and I will consider all offers after the auction is over. thanks. Dave (253) 740-3566

That is a beautiful Indian and has always been a mysterious model to me. Your description and pictures are excellent, honest, and informative. I hope you do well with it.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric. I appreciate that. If it doesn't sell I intend to paint it and ride it! I've had the privilege of knowing the "old timers" like Lysle Parker, Ken Edmiston, and of course Johnny Eagles and benefiting from their amazing knowledge and restorations. That's been the best part of this hobby. With them it was always about enjoying the bikes...not about money or whose got the most/rarest etc. Honest as the day is long...it was always a pleasure to deal with them. I treasure the time I spent with them in their shops ! Ken and Lysle are sorely missed! Thanks again. Dave

Comment

Dave, you described the essence of what has made the AMCA the great club it is. When I first joined the AMCA, those iconic older guys were in their prime and it was their stories, and knowledge that inspired so many of us. You are so right that it's the people that have made this such a great hobby. It's heartbreaking to lose these great men, but what a gift to have known them.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, exactly. Lysle told me one time, that whenever anyone needed a part, if you had two...you gave him one. Not sell, not trade, just gave him one. I asked him once to sell me an old Indian belt....he said it wasn't for sale(I offered him big bucks). I got home and a week later it was in the mailbox. I called him and said "I thought it wasn't for sale" and he said "it's not...but it's free to a friend". I miss his voice to this day, but luckily I've become great friends with his Grandson Scott...who loves Indians even more than me! I'm in a Porsche 356 Club and people are very nice, but I've never met more wonderful people than the old Antique Motorcycle guys!

Comment

Wow... just wow. Great looking machine and while part of me hopes it sells... part also says I hope you keep it so we can see the finished product.

PM inbound... I have a friend looking for a vintage project. This may be his perfect machine.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I got to check out both your machines while they were at Johnny's, very nice indeed!

Comment

Thanks Tom. Johnny is the best....I hope I can do half the things he can when I'm his age. Heck, I can't even do half right now...just hope I make it to his age! He is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                  That is a beautiful Indian and has always been a mysterious model to me. Your description and pictures are excellent, honest, and informative. I hope you do well with it.
                  I've often regarded the Motoplane as "the Missing Link" ..... missing because, well, I didn't know we even had a survivor, and "Link" because of the transition from Prince to Sport Scout, with 101 parts thrown in as well. It almost seems to be a "mock-up" experiment.
                  Again, I wasn't aware we had a survivor. ........ Wow!

Comment

Relisted my Motoplane for 5 days with a lower Reserve and a Buy it Now of $65,000. Thanks to all for your kind words and encouragement. Hope it goes to a good home. Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indian-INDIA...US_motorcycles

Comment

SOLD! to a collector in the US. Glad it's going to a good home. Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X