My 36 Four together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 36 Four together

Here is a couple pictures of the 36 together. You may notice it has carbs from a 37. I could never get the 36 Marvel mystery carb to work. It seams to run ok with the 37 duals, and idles good. I am not going to mess anymore with the timing. I think it is as close as it will ever be. The motor runs very hot. I think that is common to the 36-7 motors, plus it is still fairly tight. The first time I had it running, about a year ago, it had a whining noise when I backed off on the power. I took the motor out and checked and reset the bevel gears. The clearance opened up on the gears for a reason, which I corrected. I was sure that was my problem. So I put it back together again. It still has the same whining noise when I back off. With the motor off, in gear clutch, disengaged coasting down a hill it still has the noise. that tells me it isn't motor related. At this point in time I am going to live with the noise. Time to start on another project. I took it to a street show in our town last night. There was around 50 different brands mostly foreign made. There were four Indians. The people really liked my four. Stan
    Attached Files

Originally posted by stan View Post
    The people really liked my four. Stan
    They have excellent taste then, very nicely done!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
      They have excellent taste then, very nicely done!
      I'll second that! Love the color! Dale

Comment

You did a great job Stan. I think the '36-'37 Fours are beautiful machines and your '36 is stunning.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Very nice Stan. I try to do my longer rides at temps under 70 degrees or so. If it is warmer I try to limit it to shorter, 20-25 miles rides or so, and then a cool off period. After flushing the motor with oil changes at 50-75 miles 2-3 times in the beginning, I change my oil at 750-1000 miles with normal 45-55 mph back road riding. I also run it about a half to 3/4 qt high on the dip-stick. Oil is cheap, motors aren't.
          Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 06-20-2014, 06:58 PM.
          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Stan, Excellent! You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Comment

The whine could be tire related. What type of tires are you running?

I have a similar issue with my 39 knucklehead.

Went to the Firestone all weather tire and these whine up to about 35 mph. At higher speeds it is barely audible, but when decreasing at 40 and getting into the mid 30's speed wise it becomes really audible. It can be annoying if your in traffic at the whining speed.

Last time I'll use these and looks like Cokers for the next set.

Fine looking machine!

Comment

Very nice machine Stan, well done ! Don't know how hot it is, but from just my experiences with my Henderson and riding with a couple others. They seem to run plenty hot, compared to the twins. If I git off my 45 and jump on the Henderson, man there is a big difference. I have also noticed surprising differences between Henderson's on the same ride ? many factors I guess, but interesting. I have had mine out on a hot day or two in the desert, not recommended :-) One time with Harry Sucher, but to my surprise. The four cylinders took the heat just fine, though as mentioned by others I try to avoid it. Good luck with yours.

Comment

Wow... just wow.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Amazing, I love the Green Paint as a color choice!
                    AMCA # 3233

Comment

You have done a really remarkable resto. Numero uno. Dale

Comment

Nicely done! One beautiful bike. Dave

Comment

Stan
                          Its a cherry - I think you guys say in the US, you have done yourself proud, beautiful motocycle.
                          Must get my act together and upload some pics of my 35.
                          Regards
                          Paul
                          AMCA#24040 - too many toys - not enough time

Comment

Very nice.

Kevin

Kevin
                            https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
                              Wow... just wow.

Cheers,