Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket Riveting jig

COPIED FROM KUNCHLEHEAD FORUM:

I was wondering if anyone is making a QUALITY reproduction of the 1206-X sprocket riveting tool. I used to use one years ago and with a little finness, it worked very well with either a pneumatic rivet gun or manual setting. I'm currently attempting to rivet a new sprocket onto my '47 brake drum and I'm having a heck of a time keeping the rivet heads flush to the sprockert. Also compounding the task is the fact that the drum is freshly painted. The 1206-X tool would really be the answer before I go off on some time-consuming tool-building tangent...
    Thanks,
    Last edited by billpedalino; 05-25-2014, 12:03 PM.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

COPIED FROM KNUCKLEHEAD FORUM:

Problem solved...

I used an old sprocket turned upside down installed against the new rivet heads. I used several small C-clamps to clamp the old sprocket to the new one, thus sandwiching the new rivet heads inbetween with the old sprocket positioned between the rivet heads and the bucking bar.

I moved the c-clamps around as I progressed to keep them fairly close to the rivet in question in order to avoid any bounce while hammering the rivet down. I had to sequence rivets vs. dowels as the heads on the dowels are deeper than the those of the rivets.

The result: It took a bit of time to continually adjust the C-clamps and to manage the rivets vs the dowels, but in the end all rivets and dowels were set to full tightness against the dust ring with all heads flush against the the sprocket. I'm very pleased.

But I would still love to find that1206-X rivet arbor!
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
    X